Lucien Carr -- Some Corrections

Lucien Carr is not a cold-blooded murderer. He does not love people so they will do his homework. It is so much more complicated than that. David (the love interest) was obsessed with Lucien and at some point, Lucien did love him back. But he realised that, he didn’t want David. So he broke it off. David then follow Lucien everywhere. Everytime he moved, David followed. Yes, ok, Lucien got David to do his homework but because it seemed fair to him. David fucked up Lucien’s chances of getting a decent education so he got his old professor to do it for him. And he didn’t murder David in a sense. David walked onto the knife himself which sparked Lucien’s rage, causing him to stab him again before loading his pockets with rocks and dropping him into the Hudson because he had enough. I’m not justifying what he did but David stalked him everywhere. He fucked up Lucien’s chances of being with Allen (Ginsberg). To him, the murder was justified. He then got off on a (I think) month charge with the claim it was an honor killing.
(A/N: In the 1940's, you could kill a homosexual and claim it was an "honor killing" as long as the murderer was proved to be straight - it was seen as an aid to society.)

This is the information I have picked up from Kill Your Darlings, so, please, don’t clain that “Lucien loves you so you’ll do your homework before murdering you”.

Lucien Carr was a real person and it was so much more complicated from what I’ve seen.
July 29th, 2014 at 02:12pm