San Diego Comic Con || Important - Cosplayers Please Read || See Something? Say Something

So I'm pretty sure everyone knows about the San Diego Comic Con, right?

Well, I just read an article about a girl who went missing from there. She was a cosplayer, and she had a disagreement with her friends and she stormed off, just like anyone would really. Then no one could find her or get ahold of her. Police eventually found her unconscious and covered in blood by the side of the road.
They've arrested a 20 year old man.

This has sparked a lot of stir in the cosplaying community. My Dad might not let me go to CamCon now. A lot of my friends now aren't allowed to go to CamCon, which sucks but yea I'm not so sure I want to go now.

Cosplayers are trying to get a new petition out there. "See Something? Say Something."

If you are at a convention and you see something even remotely suspicious, please report it to a member of security. You might be able to save someone from something tragic and keep conventions from becoming something negative.

I mean, I have a friend who was at Comic Con this year and a guy stalked her non stop. Thankfully, someone reported it and the guy was kicked out.

Even if you're around a convention and you see something you think shouldn't be happening, go over and report it to security.

Conventions are meant to be fun; people shouldn't have to worry about being hurt or stalked or anything like that. It's a place to have fun and make friends who like the same things as you.

To cosplayers: Please be vigilant at cons. Remember to stay safe; maybe even carry one of those rape alarms on you just incase.

Stay safe and have fun.
July 30th, 2014 at 01:05pm