GOT Blog Challenge!

I will also be doing the Game Of Thrones Blog Challenge for August! Much thanks to Nicole for posting it to the club, this is a totally awesome idea!

Blog Prompt 01; Favourite Character.


I am one of those people that can see the good and evil in every character. I generally dislike characters that most people love, and generally love characters that most people hate. This being said, this was actually really hard for me to come up with a character that was above all the rest for me, there was so many options, Jon Snow/Arya Stark/Daenerys Targaryen/Sansa Stark/Tyrion Lannister. However, I have dug deep and finally picked a character that I honestly love to the moon and back.

Cersei Lannister

Image
At this point, you may think I'm insane. Please bear with me, I have prepared a list (Bear in mind, this is only show material, I'd have a lot more if I was able to use book material aswell, haha)

1. Strong Female; There is an amazing amount of strong women in the Game Of Thrones universe, however, none match Cersei Lannisters strength. She grew up in male majority family, her father was seasoned war commander and hand of the king, her twin brother, was a skilled swordfighter. She lost her mother at a young age, from the birth of her younger brother, so she was largely left without female influence in her younger years (apart from a septa). The Lannister's are a largely male family, so she did not have many female cousins to play with, she was always with Jaime. She always wanted to be in armor, wielding the swords alongside her father and brother.

2. Honest; Despite a few lies here and there, she is actually rather honest. Eddard Stark found out the truth of her childrens birth, and yet she admitted to him that he was correct. Why? Because she does not fear the truth. She was honest with Robert about their relationship, and her hatred for Lyanna's ghost ruining any chance she had of happiness with him. She was honest with Tyrion his entire life about her distaste for him, because of the death of their mother.

3. Capacity for Love; Cersei has an outstanding capacity for love, for an 'evil' character. Her love for her twin brother is only matched by her love for her children. Although her first son was a complete and total nimrod and the king, she was still trying to protect him from the world. When her daughter was shipped away, just like she was so many years ago, there was real pain and anger there for Cersei. And now her youngest son sit's upon the Iron Throne, she's slowly realizing that she cannot protect him either, and It's tearing her apart having to entrust him to the Tyrell's. When she first came to King's Landing, she even loved Robert, and he cast her aside. There was some affection there. All Cersei does is out of love, and although it seems like ruthless idiocy, it's actually just her trying to save her family, and those she loves most of all.

4. Her Temper; Cersei's temper is amazingly outrageous. When someone yanks the lionesses tail, she stalks them until they are no more. Her pride is the only thing that matches her temper, well, that and her love of wine. Although she is quick to anger, she does have a head for strategy, however it is limited.

There is a billion more reasons why I love Cersei Lannister, but I think my favourite of them all, can be summed up in this one GIF.

Image
July 31st, 2014 at 11:53pm