I Am Employed Again~Things Are Finally Looking Up~ If You Read My Stories, Please Read!

So, just as the title says, I got offered a job. I'll be starting full time in September, but for the next couple of weeks I'll be doing relief work. It's not the place I originally wanted, they haven't gotten back in touch yet, but I'm just glad I have a job again. Of course, this means I'll have to move and all that jazz, but I'm really excited for this, way more than I thought I would be! I thought I would do way more writing when I was off, but I've proved that more free time doesn't mean more enthusiasm for writing. Lack of structure and routine meant that I could procrastinate, because I could write at any time. When I return to the adult world of working monotony, doing a 40 hour week on top of time it takes to travel to and from work, I will have to be more methodical. Weekends and evenings will have to be my writing time, but I hope to be more regular with my writing because of it.

Another thing that was getting me really down recently was going back to college. I seriously screwed up my last year of college, or to be more specific, my last semester. I went through a tough time, dealing with depression, the collapse of a serious relationship and getting my heart smashed into smithereens by another guy. I always regretted it, as I couldn't afford to go back and do another BA, and it always killed me that I was left with a degree that I couldn't go another further with academically. Well, on Saturday, I was talking to a woman who works in childcare. She told me about a part time Honours BA course she did. So, it gave me the inspiration to look a few courses up. They're part time, and if my hope that the fees stated apply for me even though I already have a BA, my plan is to apply and hopefully, maybe by next September, I could be a student again. I'm hoping that, should I get a place in one of these courses, and do well enough, I can progress into a masters, or into teaching, like I always wanted. I'm going to enquire about these courses tomorrow (today is a bank holiday here, which means everything is shut), so if things look good, I'm gonna try to get into one of them. It's my new priority - as someone said to me recently, when there's a will, there's a way, and talking to that woman made me look into this stuff and realise that my situation may not be as hopeless as I first thought.

So, the second part of this is to anyone who reads my stories. I apologise for my ridiculous lack of updating. I have this week free, then after that I have no idea how much free time I will have to write. So, my plan is finish the last chapter of Chasing the Sun this week. I also hope to write the last couple of chapters of Someone Out There Loves You. I also have a Synyster Gates story, which will be in three parts, in the works and maybe if I'm good enough, I'll get the first part finished by the end of the week too. Also, I haven't forgotten about Give 'Em Hell. I've just been concentrating on my other stories, but I will get back to it in the near future!

So, thanks for reading guys.
August 4th, 2014 at 09:48pm