Update - 08/04/2014

Well, hello Mibba. It has been awhile, hasn't it?

I am going to be up front about this. My life has changed and done a whole one-eighty on me. My main interest shifted from writing (a.k.a. sitting in my room while switching from tumblr to mibba) to actually leaving my house more than once a month. That's an exaggeration, but it's the truth. Senior year of high school gained me a much bigger and broader social life - especially during this summer. And I haven't updated at all this summer.

And in the lieu of mentioning updating, let's recap how long each story has been without an update:

Mess You Made - last updated a year ago
Why Fireflies Flash - last updated 11 months ago
Post Script - last updated 8 months ago
Passion - last updated 8 months ago
Masterpiece - last updated 7 months ago
Entice - last updated 3 months ago [currently have half of a chapter written up]
Safe - last updated 2 months ago [currently have half of a chapter written up]
Beautiful Fool - last updated 2 months ago

Obviously with the last two, they are more recent and ones I had put up for the purpose of pushing me back into writing regularly again. This clearly didn't happen.

Because of this large and unintended hiatus, my perspective and interests for my writing have changed. I no longer have the motivation nor the enthusiasm to continue writing a large majority of the stories that are currently incomplete. The ones that fall in the No Longer Want to Write category are as follow:

Why Fireflies Flash
Post Script
Passion
Masterpiece


That being said, that does mean that I am going to delete these stories from my account. I will keep them stored on my computer because you never know, I may want to start them up later but with edits and differences. So they will be gone, but not technically.

And when thinking about what to delete and what not to, a decision has been made.

I will be deleting some old stories. I have been on this website since 2010 and my writing has improved greatly and still has a lot of work to be done on it. With that thought in mind, I need to rid of the older works on the website that I feel don't represent my work well. That sounds pretty pretentious since, let's be honest, I love some of the older ideas I had but also when rereading make me want to gag at how awfully they are written, structured, and planned out.

Not to say that I am fantastic and perfect at that now, but I have grown and realize that I've matured a lot in my writing. And the good news is that there are only three stories that I have decided to delete right now. The list may grow but right now these are the ones I am ridding of:

You Know I'm Never Gonna Let You Go [co-write]
Every Storm That Comes Also Comes to an End [co-write]
Melody Maker

There are a few other stories that I have in mind that also were poorly put together but I am keeping up not only because there are chapters throughout them that I am quite proud of, but also because I know they are your guys' favorites and I don't want to touch them negatively just yet.

Along with those three, I will also be getting rid of a number of one-shots. Those I know won't be terribly missed, so I am not going to list them out.

Whose to say if this means I will start updating regularly again. I no longer have as much motivation to actually write again - sometimes I find myself itching to write, but those moments are rare. I miss it, I really do, but I can't force myself to do something I now find exhausting and mentally toiling.

But, with two chapters half written, and a lot of free time on my hands, who knows where this will lead. I may have been very absent for an entire year, but let's see if some of you are still our there and reading.

It may take some time for the stories I listed off to disappear, but they will be gone eventually.

If you read this all the way through, thank you for actually taking the time do so. You guys furthered my writing and hopefully we can further it even more with some patience and faith xx
August 5th, 2014 at 03:26am