Hockey Fics Recommendation, Pt. 1

Hello all!

No, this is not a self promotion blog. I'm not going to tell you to read all of my stories. No, I just want to share with everyone some of my favorite hockey stories. I've been spending the summer writing my own stories and seeking inspiration from reading other people's writing. Now, lately, I haven't had much time to read, but I just want to share with you some of the stories that I've read.

If you are in search of anything to read, hockey related, of course, then I highly recommend the following:

1) Northern Wind is a Derick Brassard story. This story is only one chapter in, yes, it's only one chapter and it is already on the top of my list. If any of you want to know, I am a Rangers girl, so of course this story is at the top of my list. brassard;'s writing is flawless, and I'm very envious! That first chapter left me curious, left me wanting so much more than I was given. I wanted to know character backstories, I wanted everything! First person writing is sometimes very hard to do because the character is narrating the story, and you have to incorporate their personality and the way they think, but this story, it is done perfectly! I adore this story and wish for more!

2) Madness is a Shea Weber story I just binge read two days ago. First of all, I never expected to read a Weber story since I don't exactly pull for the Preds. But this story is very interesting, especially the interactions between the characters. The dialogues had me smiling, laughing, cooing, and even crying. It sparked up so many emotions for me, and if you are up for binge reading- you read this one! And of course there are a little bit of NY Rangers and Chi Blackhawks in there, which is always a good thing!

3) Illicit Love is not on my list only because it is a Carl Hagelin story (and I love my NY Rangers), but because it has a great story line, wonderful character development, and very amusing dialogue (and some very meaningful ones too!) I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good Rangers story to read because the second I started reading it, I was hooked. The protagonist, Gabriella, is so well developed that you can really relate to her and her struggles. The way she thinks and she acts feels so natural, and I just find this whole story very believable! So yes, it's a Hags story and it is very well written -- why not read it?

4) Knock 'Em Dead, Kid. is a Jonathan Toews story, with a taste of Andrew Shaw in there. If you love Tazer and Shawzer, readreadreadread it! This story is written in first person point of view and I wouldn't have preferred it any other way. CharlieN really did a wonderful job incorporating Ashton. Her narrative and her thoughts really make the story so amazing and so easy to read. The character has so much spunk, humor, and even a tint of awkwardness that makes her so likable! As you can see, I really appreciate the wonderful character development! Oh, and the best thing about this story is the dialogues between characters! You'll love it! Because I really do! If you are a Blackhawks fan and you want something unpredictable, something out of the ordinary to read, you got this story here!

5) Fourteen is another Blackhawks story that I really enjoy! If you love Corey Crawford and Jonathan Toews, this is the story for you! This story has one of the most creative ideas I've ever encountered on this site! I don't know, maybe I just really like the storyline and the arrangements the characters in this story has made. It's something innovative and not only that, it is very well executed in writing (even though it's only a couple of chapters in.) I can really feel Eleanor's emotions, it's so raw and it feels so real. It touched my heart; tied me to the story emotionally! It's a really interesting love triangle set up there, nothing cliche, and nothing that seems organic. It is so real and believable!

6) Just My Luck is ANOTHER Blackhawks story that I lovelovelove! I know! I know! I'm really a Rangers first girl, I swear! This Patrick Sharp story (don't see a lot of them on this site, unfortunately!) strays away from the cliche, which is really hard with the set up of having "the other woman" ruining a perfectly great relationship. I don't want to reveal too much of the plot but I really appreciate the fact that Patrick Sharp treats all the characters like, well, actual characters! There are no stereotypes that takes anything away from a character, and the backstory and history between some of these characters really strengthens them. The story line is really interesting and intriguing that leaves me wanting so much more! So yes, this is something I'd definitely recommend!

7) What You Need is a Patrice Bergeron story! Finally not a Blackhawks one, yeah? Anyways, this story, also written by Patrick Sharp is an AU, and before you all shoot down the idea of something not in hockey verse, this one is amazing! I swear you will love it! Your love for the gentlemanly Patrice Bergeron should be enough to start reading it! If not, then let me tell you, this AU is set up amazingly. This story sees Bergeron taking half-ownership of a multi-million dollar business, and him being sexy and classy in, of course, a suit! But what got my absolute attention is the amazing writing! The character development and dialogues are a great contributing factor in hooking me to this story! Sexy and suave Bergeron is the boss to secretary Lyla, who is lovely! Their interactions have me grinning and fist bumping! They make a wonderful pair, like a dynamic duo! Read it, I implore you to read it!

That is all for now! Of course there are many other stories that I find amazing! They didn't make it on the list this time, but I will make another blog of the sort next time because there are so many amazing hockey fics on this site. I certainly need to make more blogs! So if you enjoy any of these stories, let me know! Which ones are your favorites?

Also, if you have your own hockey stories to recommend me, feel free to do so! If you want to recommend me stories and want to know what I like (if you don't care about my preferences, that's fine too!) refer to this blog to find out what stories I prefer. If you want to rec your own stories, that's fine too! I'd be willing to read it! Anything hockey, yeah?

If you read through this whole blog, thank you!
August 7th, 2014 at 03:45pm