Getting to Know Me Pt. 1 (The Basics)

I'm bored and I don't really want to write (sorry guys) so I think I'm going to do this.

What’s your name?
Mari Anjilika (pronounced Mary Angelica). I used to hate Mari with a fiery passion but I’ve learned to tolerate it. My mom’s name is Mary so I’ve always gone by my middle name. It was a pain to try to explain to teachers on the first day of school, “Oh, it’s actually pronounced like Mary, but I go by Anjilika, and here’s how you spell it.” Imagine doing that seven times a day (one for each class). Not fun at all.

How old are you? When is your birthday?
I turned the big 2-2 on May 19th. I’m not sure how I feel about it yet.

Where are you from?
I’m from Austin, Texas. Like a lot of Texans, I take pride in my city/state. But to be fair, Austin is amazing. Sometimes I really hate living in Texas because I don't agree with the republican stance this state has. But that's about as political as I get. On to the next question!

Do you know a second language? How did you learn it?
I know a bit of Spanish. My neighborhood used to be primarily Hispanic but they moved farther north within the last five years.

Are you a writer or a reader?
Don’t they go hand-in-hand? Can you be a writer but not a reader? Honestly, if I had to choose, I’d say I’m more of a writer because I’m constantly coming up with story ideas. It’s pretty bad. But I recently read all three Hunger Games books and they’re amazing. I finally know what it’s like to have a ship not be cannon. It sucks. Katniss and Gale 4evaaaa.

Are you on any social networking/blogging sites? Which one is your favorite?
I have a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr. I absolutely adore Tumblr. I don’t give out my Facebook often, but if any of you want to add me on the other three, feel free! I’m not very active on Twitter (unless you count retweeting with no end).

Twitter
Tumblr
Instagram: anananjil

How many siblings do you have? What are they like?
I have two older brothers. Bryan, the oldest, has three daughters who I adore. He’s sweet, loyal, easygoing, and funny. Brad is funny, incredibly intelligent, and unemotional. We used to have a horrible relationship but it’s gotten better as we’ve aged.

Do you have any pets? What are their names?
My dog is the cutest. She’s a lab/retriever mix named Destiny. And she can barely stand me. She’s definitely my parents’ dog.

What's your dream career?
Yeah, I’m not sure. Right now I’m thinking of getting a doctorate in Psychology and spending a few years in the field. I eventually want to teach at a collegiate level. And possibly write.

How tall are you?
Heh, too tall. Five foot eleven. I’ve grown an inch this year and I’m very upset.

What color is your hair? Your eyes?
My hair is mostly brown, but has red and blonde in it naturally. My eyes are like, a greyish blue. They’re pretty but my brothers have gorgeous eyes. It’s not fair.

Do you have any tattoos or body piercings? Would you like to get one?
I have four tattoos and no piercings. I’m only really happy with one though. The guy who did them sucked so much but I kept going back because I was stupid. I finally got the one on my wrist worked on by someone who knew what he was doing.

Do you have good handwriting?
Heh, not at all. It’s huge and gets incredibly messy.

If you chose your own name, what would you have chosen?
I probably would have spelled Mari right. I like my name, but I’m tired of people not knowing how to say it. I also love the name Charlotte, and if I had it, I'd go by Charlie.

Do you believe in ghosts (or anything else supernatural)?
Ghosts, yes. Demons, maybe. Anything else supernatural? Nothing I can think of.

If you had to read one book over and over again until the end of time, what would it be?
It’s a toss-up between Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. Apparently I’m a big YA fan. But I also really like the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton and the In Death series by J.D. Robb. So I don’t actually have an answer for that.

So we're supposed to tag people to do this. Well Kylie, Rachel, Deyla, and Miss Kay, have at it.
August 7th, 2014 at 08:02pm