Got to Get to Know You Better

Hi everybody! So I was tagged in this neat survey by my eternal bb sodapop curits. She's my favorite ever and I just love her so much.

Image

I think this is a great idea, so let's get started!

What’s your name?
My name is Alison, but obviously everyone calls me Ali. Some people have various nicknames for me including: Apple, AliCat, Tornado Ali, Al, and "this one" (as Ricky, my boyfriend, has dubbed me).

How old are you? When is your birthday?
I am nineteen years old, and my birthday is on March 28. Nothing exciting really, haha. It's at the end of March which sort of sucks, but I like spring a lot. I'm also a stubborn Aries!

Where are you from?
I'm from Rhode Island, the smallest state in the U.S! Everybody knows everybody here and we're known for potholes and the Newport Mansions and we have a LOT of good local food. Especially Del's Lemonade, coffee milk, and Iggy's Doughboys.

Do you know a second language? How did you learn it?
I know Spanish, but it's only from taking it in school for five years. I used to have a nanny named Zory from Panama and she would talk to me in Spanish when I was little, so I learned that way as well. Now that I'm not in high school I haven't continued with Spanish, but I'm hoping to learn Italian soon.

Are you a writer or a reader?
Certainly a writer. I love, love, love writing. I've been writing since I was, like, twelve. I enjoy reading too, especially the amazing stories people post here on Mibba, but I really like writing especially when other people get to read it!

Are you on any social networking/blogging sites? Which one is your favorite?
Yes, I am! I'm here, I have a Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram

I also have a Facebook, but I only really use it to share relevant Buzzfeed posts, haha.

How many siblings do you have? What are they like?
I have an older brother, Joe, who just turned 25 and he's still going to school and working and all that good stuff.
I have a younger brother, Paul, who is 18. He works at the same grocery store that I do, he's pretty cool and had brain surgery when he was 10. He's probably my favorite sibling. And everyone says we look like twins. Like, if I were a boy he's what I would look like. People that come into Dave's (where we work) will see me behind the customer service desk then see him in the deli and they're like "Where do I know that face from??" It's wicked funny to have people ask if we're related.
I also have an older sister who is 20, Emily. She's pretty cool too and we're close, but she's getting on my nerves from being home from school for so long. She goes to school in New York and it's awesome when she's gone because I have my own room and get to do my own thing. But I like her anyway, lol.

Do you have any pets? What are their names?
I don't have any pets. I used to have a fish named Ulysses after President Grant, but he passed away during spring break :( He was a really cool betta fish and he was a pretty blue. He always swam up to the edge of the tank whenever someone came over and he was very personable...I think I have a picture!

Image

(not his best picture, but it will suffice! Rest in peace lil fishy.)

What's your dream career?
I don't really think I have a dream career. I wish I was famous or that my dad had forced me to be a child actor, but alas, I'm just an average Joe, haha. I'd like to be some sort of executive or something. I'm going to school to be a marketing research analyst, so maybe I'll be able to use that within the music community. I love writing though, so I'd love to be a writer if I could have the discipline to write a novel or something.

How tall are you?
5 feet, two and three quarters inches. Not a midget, but not as tall as Patrick Stump. Even HE'S a giant next to me.

What color is your hair? Your eyes?
My hair is a weird mix right now. For a long time it was red, then I added blonde streaks, then I made most of it blonde and I kept that for a while. Then last fall I dyed it completely dark. Like, brunette. It was more of a reddish brown I guess because then it faded drastically to a light reddish brownish blonde. Then just a couple months a go I got blonde highlights again so it's mostly blonde when you're looking at it, but the underside is a darker reddish brown. You've seen pictures, though on my profile, so you know!

My eyes are blue with orange speckles around my pupils, but some days they change color. Like one day they'll be icy blue then the next they're gray. Sometimes depending on my makeup they're more greenish, but that's only on occasion. (I love my eyes tbh)

Do you have any tattoos or body piercings? Would you like to get one?
The only piercings I have are four on my ears, and I don't have any tattoos (yet). I think tattoos are really cool but I don't know where I'd get one or if I could ever decide what I'd want. I'd probably get a Fall Out Boy related tattoo, or an anchor/sailboat/something nautical since I'm from the Ocean State.

Do you have good handwriting? (Bonus: Write something on a piece of paper and show it to us.)
I'd like to think I have nice handwriting, haha. I mean, it's only messy sometimes. But usually it's really nice and half cursive half regular and loopy. But it changes. Some days I'll write really big and loopy and other days I'll write really small and scribbly. I try for the big and loopy and pretty. Here, let me write something quick.

Image

If you chose your own name, what would you have chosen?
I don't really think I'd take a different name. I don't love my name, but I'd say it fits me pretty well. It's short and sweet, but a little spunky. And I don't know many people that spell it Ali (aside from birds ate my face)

Do you believe in ghosts (or anything else supernatural)?
I don't know if I believe in ghosts, but I certainly believe in spirits and the afterlife. I believe in having the presence of spirits around, but I don't think of them as ghosts, if that makes sense.

If you had to read one book over and over again until the end of time, what would it be?
God, if I had to read one book over and over. It'd probably be To Kill a Mockingbird. There's just so much to love about it. So many lessons, so many new things after each read that you realize. I'm also obsessed with Atticus, so there's that. It's honestly such a classic. I could read it forever.

Okay, now I'm tagging:
star collision.
mswrite85
birds ate my face

(There's a zillion more people I'd tag but I don't want to tag everyone so no one has anyone to tag!!)

Spill ya guts! I hope you guys enjoyed reading my answers, I can't wait to see more of these going around this month!!
August 8th, 2014 at 03:05am