Let Me Whisper in Your Ear (Get-to-Know-Me Survey)

Hello, hello, hello! I was tagged by the fantabulous Ali Cat!

So... shall we begin? Sorry if the graphics aren't as fancy. I have no idea what I'm doing haha! :D

What's your name?
First name is Isabella, but some folks call me B. I have other nicknames, but eh, none too interesting. For awhile I was nicknamed "Bella" when that Twilight explosion happened, and I was always the butt end of a 'Where is your Edward tonight? I hope he is not a-sparklin'...' type of jokes. My friends are bastards.

Howl old are you? When is your birthday?
Ok... don't laugh. I'm 28 and my birthday is on September 16. Which is close. And I'll be 29. Yaaaaayyyyy... :| I'm a Virgo (I see the signs being posted, so I'll go down that route).

Where are you from?
I am from the Lone Star State. I grew up in Texas (mostly in the southern region, and near the coast line), and I'll probably die in Texas. If it's not the heat that will get me, it'll be my constant alcohol consumption.

Do you know a second language? How did you learn it?
I know Spanish, but the Tex-Mex version. I found through friends who were born in New York, and are of Puerto Rico descent, that they would laugh at some of our little nuances of Spanish language here. I learned partly because a lot of my relatives couldn't speak English, so I learned early on. I have taken up on some French, but not enough to be able to hold a solid conversation. Might have to Rosetta Stone that shit.

Are you a writer or a reader?
I consider myself a writer first than a reader. I have been writing lyrics, poems, stories and vignettes since I was a young child. Along with writing that, I was taught how to write music (staffs, crescendos, time signatures, the whole nine yards) when I was in fifth grade, so I really wanted to make sure I was giving justice to the music I was performing as I grew older. But I love to read. I find myself at bookstores more than any other type of place. There's a shop (I'm sure these are found across the United States) that I enjoy going which is called Half Price Books. I have spent hours (and dolla, dolla bills, y'all) at that place. I not only enjoy their book selection at cheap prices, but they have vinyl records, DVD's and VHS tapes, and there's a little coffee shop connected to it that I'll sit down at and have a game at Chess with another patron.

Are you on any social networking/blogging sites? Which one is your favorite?
I have a tumblr. That's about it. I don't post much on there (unless I'm like all over the place and I see things, then I repost like a mother plucker), but I am on there!

How many siblings do you have? What are they like?
I have three older siblings. The oldest is 40 (which she looks like she just turned 25. Damn her good genes. Lucky wench.), the next one is 39 (which she looks to be 30. Didn't get so lucky hahahahaha!) and the only boy in the bunch, my brother is 36. (He looks 40. He got those gray whiskers genes from the pappy). They are all their individual personalities, but without them, I wouldn't be able to be the person I am today. They've always had my back, and stood by me when needed to, but never babied me. They taught me to build thick skin and to understand that life is not always going to be full of enchilada plates and margaritas. I owe them my life when I had to grow up faster than I was supposed to. :)

Do you have any pets? What are their names?
I surely do. I've always had dogs when I was growing up, and still to this day, I have one dog who is 14 years old named Sabrina. She's an Australian Shetland Sheepdog. She didn't want to pose for me since she thinks she runs this house, so I took a picture of my four year old Boston terrier. TADAAAAA!!

Image

What's your dream career?
Honestly? To be a music producer. I'd rather be behind a soundboard making melodies than sing behind a mic. I feel like I have a knack for music, and I've been around musicians most of my life, or at least that I remember. But for right now, I'm settling more into the promotional work and business end of things. I might be too old to do my dream job, but I can at least get a little taste from it :))

How tall are you?
The last time I got checked on my height, I was standing at 5'5'' and 3/4. Can't even give me that quarter inch. :|

What color is your hair? Your eyes?
My hair is a dark black, not nearly jet black (or blue black... are they the same?) but close. I have brown eyes, and I wish I had another type of color. BUUUTTTT... I wasn't so lucky. :/

Do you have any tattoos or body piercings? Would you like to get one?
I have three tattoos. I have 2 nautical stars signifying my daughter and I with a vine. I have another on the inside of my right wrist with a staff, the treble cleff and a few notes from a composition I had written for my parents. I played (and still play) tenor saxaphone back in high school and it would piss my folks off that I would never bring my instrument to play at home. So, I surprised them with an anniversary gift, played it and framed the music sheets in shadow boxes (D'AAAAWWWWW). I have one more on my left shoulder from a Switchfoot song that I openly love titled 'The Beautiful Letdown'. The reason for such a tattoo is that in my life, I will probably let people down, unintentionally, and I might let myself down here and there. But I will strive to have a beautiful life, and if that means I'll be called a beautiful letdown, so be it. :) I'm itching for a new one, but I really think about designs and meanings and the placement of the tattoo before I even walk into a shop. It takes a couple of years for me to get what I want lol.

Do you have good handwriting? (Bonus: Write something on a piece of paper and show it to us.)
I think I switch from lovely handwriting one day to serial killer handwriting the next. I'll let you be the judge of it.

Image

If you chose your own name, what would you have chosen?
I honestly didn't like my name, but once I got older, I found out how (at least at the time of growing up) rare my name was. It sounded exotic to people, so I started to like it more. I still do, but it sounds weird coming out of my mouth or my friend's mouth since I've been called by my nicknames more than my birth name.

Do you believe in ghosts (or anything else supernatural)?
I think I watch too much Ghost Adventures to think I can survive a place that is 'haunted'. I personally haven't come across a ghost or anything of that nature, but I would like to believe that there is an afterlife. I was asked if there was a Heaven after we die, and I gave an answer that I stand to this day - "I would like to believe there is a Heaven because I don't think good people are rewarded enough on Earth."

If you had to read one book over and over again until the end of time, what would it be?
There is a book by Francis Laretz that is titled 'Far Far Away'. I don't know if it's still in print, but this was a book I had found on my many adventures to Half Price Books. It was marked down to a dollar and it's not a thick book at all, but the content is so captivating. The best way to summarize this book is the lost relationship between a budding teenager and her workaholic parents. After learning of her father's terminal illness, she finds out the many escapes he wants to venture before his last day on Earth and she goes along with him. I have a close relationship with my father, and he's like my best friend. I found this book to not only be captivating, but truly heart breaking at the same time. If you ever want a good, but quick read, I would suggest that. :) Or Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. You CANNOT go wrong with classics. Believe dat.

TAG 'EM AND BAG 'EM!

bobobo
chynnablueink
Flickering Lights

Get on that shit, son!

I'M OUT! PEACE!

-mswrite85
August 9th, 2014 at 03:08am