Game of Thrones - Where Would I Live (#3), Favourite Noble House (#4) + Ship (#5)

I'm so behind on this because I'm so bloody lazy. This is what happens when you're a procrastinator. Things that you want to do just don't happen. ::facepalm:

For the third prompt, it's where would you live in the GOT world. Now, as Dorne hasn't been properly introduced yet, and I don't like heat or the sun much, I can't go with that choice. Instinctively, I would go for Winterfell because not only is it the Stark's home, it's also one of my favourite places; however, that is not my choice and instead I'm going to go for a place that despite who lives there, would be the place I would feel safest.

Image

The Eyrie, seat of House Arryn. Despite Lysa being crazy (but really, who could blame her?), the place is a desirable place to lock yourself away without getting involved with the disputes of the other Houses. Also, in the words of Robin, you can make your enemies "fly" if they ever come in far enough.

Also, this picture won it for me.

Image

Now onto my favourite Noble house, a prompt that is so difficult. I want to say the Starks because Ned was one of the best characters on the show, and Robb could have been great and had he not been portrayed as someone who would willy-nilly go back on his word (seriously, I'm still angry that the show made him like that instead of making him breaking his word to the Freys something that happened because he tried to be honourable, like Ned was), I could have liked him more in season three. Also Sansa has been one of my favourites from the start and I'm still rooting for her to reclaim the Stark name and bring them back.

Image

However, I'm going to have to go with the Tyrells. More specially, the women. Margaery Tyrell is a game player. She's nice and the people love her, a play in her favour, but she's also manipulative and will try and get what she wants (to be the queen). Olenna is, despite Mace being the "Head" of the House, the true leader. She has influenced Margaery nicely, and with her now being betrothed to Tommen, she has the perfect opportunity to influence him in the right direct, as Tywin is now dead and Cersei cannot cope with power, no matter how much she thinks she can.

And lastly, number five, is my favourite ship. Originally, way back in season one, I thought Sansa and Joffrey would make a perfect couple (and I did ship them). Had they not come across Arya, I would still be shipping them to this day; however, no, he had to become the evil boy that he did (who might not have turned out that way had Robert actually whipped him when he needed it, and even Cersei points out the actions that show that he needed it). However, Sansa did profit from Joffrey's cruelty, no matter how bad that sounds, because she grew up and realised that you have to sing a sweet song in order to survive, and she did just that and has now changed her sweet song to an alluring song in adapting to her surroundings (hence another reason why she is not weak and is one of the strongest characters the show has).

Image

One of my favourite ships was Jon Snow and Ygritte. However, like all star-crossed lovers, she died in his arms and we are forever to think what if...

But my favourite ship, which probably cannot contend with any other, is Daenerys and Khal Drogo.

Image

Look at what they could have been. And then what happened...

Image

They had a language barrier at the beginning, and it didn't look good, but then she learnt the language and became the Khaleesi and it improved. She grew a backbone, realised that her brother was insane and, despite the person who sold her to Drogo, the one who constantly treated her like it was her fault they were in exile. Then she got her eggs and had to lose her husband and child in order to gain her dragons, but I just wish Drogo survived. It would have been all different on her side of the story, but the love is just there. I just ship them so hard, even three seasons after his death.

And on that note, I'll leave you with my favourite saying...

(The irony in this gif is that the man hasn't died (yet).)

Image
August 10th, 2014 at 11:53pm