Relationships.

I've been thinking about this for a while and I feel I just have to express it.

Okay, back story. On a weekly basis I listen to this podcast called 'The Read'. It's really funny made by two friends Crissle and Kid Fury, who is also a YouTuber, and I highly suggest it to anyone who just wants a good laugh and is fed up with the fuckboy bullshit of the world.

Anyway, they got a listener letter from this girl who was having trouble in a relationship and how he doesn't text her back or anything. And one of the host, Crissle, goes on this mini rant that has this quote:

"I really want y’all care more about yourselves than you care about being in a relationship."

And that really got me thinking.

Like, where/when did we get so caught up with the want to be with someone that we lost the want to care for ourselves?

Like what exact moment?

Cause it happened. Don't lie to y'all selves. Somewhere, somehow you forgot how the fuck to worry about yourselves (general) on the same level as you worry on finding someone who can call you cute and touch the butt and watch Orange is The New Black with you.

And for what?

For some bitch who won't even bother to save your number in their phone.

Or bust a nut with you and leave.

AND WHILE WE'RE ON IT, can we PLEASE start being honest with people about where we stand with them?

Like if you're just with someone because they know how to make good chicken and an open and willing hole, then say so.

Don't drag the person along, play with their emotions when you're really just not there for them like that,

Just say so. You'd be surprise how many people are out here to just make you fried chicken and fuck.

But back to the quote, like guys, really.

Worry and care about yourselves more than a relationship. Life is long. Do you really wanna waste years of your life waiting and worrying and stressing about a relationship?

Like live your life. Better yourself. Do you.

Cause who do you HAVE to deal with for the rest of your life no matter what?

That's right, yourself.

A relationship you have to stress yourself over ain't one worth having.

Don't force shit.

Like work on you first. Finding a person to date ain't gonna instantly make your life better.

You find happiness with people, not in people. So don't sit around and worry when you can go out and reflect on who you are and love yourself.

Cause you're worth more than that.

Like don't get me wrong, if you find someone and shit just works out, that's great.

But don't put that above anything. Especially your existence.

Am I making sense?

Like fuck what you see on instagram and tumblr. Fuck the Nicholas Sparks novels.

If someone comes in your life and they're worth it, they won't make it hard.

Remember that.
August 11th, 2014 at 06:39pm