F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Yeah, noooo! I'm not really going to talk about the show, but I got your attention!!!! (Well, maybe I might talk about the show a bit too... You never know!)

Okay, so... This is probably a very weird thing to rant about, but... It's something that I'm really concerned about.

I know that I always say that I don't like people, but I like individuals, and I doubt I really want to rethink that, but I'm pretty sure it has a major effect on me, and the people I'm surrounded by.

Lately, I feel like all the friendships I have had somehow turned to really superficial ones without my permission. This is true for my 'in real life' friendships (yeah, that phrase makes me frown, but whatever!), and the online ones.

The person I considered my best friend, and who I was absolutely inseparable from, had changed so drastically in the time that I had been away from University, that I don't even know her anymore! (Quite frankly, I'm not too fond of what I see right now). Also, this is the kind of thing I shook off along with high school (no offence to anyone still in high school, reading this!)

Another friend, who I've had in my life for so many years, had also turned completely obsessed with a guy a while back, and that's pretty much all that our conversations have been about ever since... Delightful.

Okay, and the online ones? Well, it's much easier for them to be superficial, since most of mine are based on fangirling! I'm not saying that I don't enjoy the fangirling, because I obviously do, but... (and I can't believe I'm saying this, wow!) But even I can only fangirl so much, before I want to have other conversations too! (Shocking, I know!)

And I love my online friends! Of course I do! I've even met some; and I have one who ended up actually going to the same university as me, and we met, and instantly hit it off!

But I'm really concerned that none of my friendships are as meaningful as I thought anymore, and that it's maybe subconsciously my own fault.(I have been accused of not letting people in...)

I don't know. I'm probably overreacting, but... Sometimes, I talk to people, and everything is fine, but then later I hear something... Then I'm, like, why didn't they tell me?

Maybe the lyrics to Ray Toro's Isn't That Something is too true, in my case?

And, would you look at that? I really did only use that title to get your attention! ;)
August 13th, 2014 at 08:19am