Mom Is in the Hospital

I don't really know if any of you are religious, but the ones that are, please pray for my mom, and the ones that aren't please just be thinking of her. I know I don't know you, we are strangers, or I haven't really been active in the past month or so, but this is why. You don't have to read all of this, just be thinking or praying for my mother...please. :'(

August 11th 2014:

My mother woke up in the middle of the night with abdominal pain. She figured it would just go away in 10-15 minutes. After twelve hours of constant pain, not being able to eat anything, and unable to move, my brother took her to the hospital. They took her back into Triage, and she was in so much pain, that the blood pressure machine wouldn't work because her blood pressure was 220/107. The machine tightened around her arm so much, that she had bruises afterwards.

The doctors made her drink some dye so that they could look at her organs to see what was going on. The amount of dye she had to drink was absolutely horrific. She probably had to drink around 20 - 25 oz of the dye. She had one hour to drink the entire thing, and once she would drink it, her side would hurt worse. She was begging the doctors to give her something for the pain.

Finally, the doctors look over her, and figure out that she has Pancreatic disease, Pancreatitis. She got admitted to the hospital that night, and as they were putting the IV in, they couldn't quite find a good vein to use. She got stuck at least 10-15 times. Two of those times, the needle went right through the vein. Since she is allergic to Morphine, they gave her a different pain killer, and wouldn't let her eat the next day at all. Afterwards, we just had to wait. She didn't sleep at all because of the pain, and so that makes it to where she hadn't slept for over 24 hours.

August 12th 2014:

My mom had an EKG, blood taken, urine taken, and a ton of other tests done to determine what caused her Pancreatitis. She has had her Gallbladder taken out, so it couldn't be that. She doesn't drink, either. They noticed that her liver was extremely fatty, and her Cholesterol was high as well. So, they are taking in consideration that it might be her diet.

She still hasn't eaten anything until around 5:00 PM. They wanted to see what would happen if she ate a clear liquids diet. She got beef broth, apple juice, iced tea, and strawberry jello. She kept it all down with only mild pain. Jake, Me, and the girls went out and bought her an Aristocat Marie plush to cuddle up with at night. It got me really pissed off at Wal-Mart because I wanted to get something big for her to cuddle up to. We went to the store and all they had was three small teddy bears, and Disney characters that were only ten inches tall. We settled on Marie from the Aristocats Disney movie, because my moms middle name is Marie, and she really likes that character from the movie.

We got to the hospital to see her, and she seemed to be fine. Celecia read her a book about little monkeys, and she really liked that. She seemed to be doing a lot better. She said that the doctors would be giving her some pills the next day, and said if she could take those without hurting, she could go home. We were all excited about it.

August 13th, 2014:

I called her around 12:50 PM and asked how she was doing, and it didn't turn out well at all. She told me that she had the same thing she had yesterday. Chicken broth, apple juice, iced tea, and jello. She took her pills and about an hour later she was in so much pain. She still is as I am typing this out now. If you would like, I can keep everyone updated on her health.
August 14th, 2014 at 12:30am