Solitude.

While I'm here without any space to my own, somehow, I find comfort in making breakfast by myself. Whenever they wake me up slamming the front door and I can't go back to sleep, I'll just make eggs and toast and coffee.

Because it's like I'm on my own. It's like this is my apartment, but with their things. And I get used to it being that way. This morning, I put on Skins and made myself breakfast, and I just felt better.

Saturday still hasn't worn completely off yet because all I do is check my phone and see the picture with Dave and it's like I'm back there again. I took so many videos and pictures it's unreal. Just because I know that if there's even a chance I'll get to a single concert when I go home, it probably won't be as good as Breathe in Denver. That's why even though the videos have a little distorted music when the bass drops, I'll still be transported back whenever I see them. To remind myself I can still be happy.

The point is, I'm okay right now. I'm still happy. I guess making breakfast alone really solidifies that. How, I have no idea. I think it's because if I keep going to bed as early as I did last night, I'll at least get close to being on track in the next two weeks so I won't be dying when school starts. I'd only gotten three hours of sleep because I really didn't feel like getting eaten alive by Airy's couch, so I slept from eight in the morning until around noon when everyone woke up and talked about moving. The only reason I'd even gotten up was to go get food because I was starving. And last night all that exhaustion caught up and I just fell asleep.

Felt nice. But anyway, I don't know. I guess I like making breakfast apart from all of that just because I know I'm not going to be able to make myself breakfast for the next ten months. I'll trade that ability for my home back. It was a nice stay, and now I've only got around twelve days before I go home. I'll miss the coffee and the midnight trips ghost hunting and everything. I guess I'll be able to sneak coffee in the mornings as long as I turn on the news and drown out the sound.

Home is going to be great. Even without all of that.
August 18th, 2014 at 04:21pm