Work and Cats

I have a job! An actual nine to five, taxable job! I mean, it’s just an internship for the next month before I go back to school, but they’re actually going to pay me for something. I have an orientation thing to do tomorrow that I’m kind of worried about because I don’t do well when forced into social interaction for long periods of time, but I’m gonna suck it up. That’s mostly because of what I’m going to have when I get home.

Meet Jinx, the newest addition to our little clan! Image
She’s going to be a therapy animal of sorts for me. I have anxiety and panic attacks so the hope is that having a cat to cuddle and sit with me and distract me from how shitty I feel will help me out. I’m just happy to have a new baby in the house. If I had it my way, I would adopt literally every animal at the shelter. I feel so bad about separating her from her sister but I couldn’t take both. My mom and I had to start a military campaign against my dad to let us get Jinx, we couldn’t bring home two kittens. We’re bringing her home tomorrow and I’m so excited.

Time for my usual song rec! This time it’s Black Velvet by Alannah Myles. I heard this song on one of RuPaul’s Drag Race’s lipsynchs and I fell in love. Apparently its about Elvis but don’t take my word for it. Anyway it’s really good mood music for writing and it’s awesome.
August 19th, 2014 at 09:30am