Sol Duga

This is my first blog post here, I just wanted to clarify something. If anyone has read my stories here for the last year or so, a few of them are part of my Sol Duga collection. Sol Duga is something that I made up which combines my pagan beliefs and my interest in time travel, my current story Chelsea Dawn is one of them.

Sol Duga are a group of hereditary time travelers, the structure like a clan system with four main families and their septs. The main families are the Letangs, the Torres', the Jarvinens and the Sutherlands along with people who marry into the families. The organization is headed by Magnus and Helgi Thorvaldssen, an immortal Viking couple who were granted immortality by the gods after helping out Thor and Odin when they were disguised as mortals after other mortals refused, not unlike the myth of Baucis and Philemon in Greek mythology. Their headquarters is in Snaefellsness in Iceland, where Jules Verne placed the entrance to the underworld in Journey to the Center of the Earth and where they have their annual meetings.

The purpose of Sol Duga is go back in time and help people who would have accomplished great things but didn't because of a weakness, a tragic hero so to speak. One has to be born into one of the families and be descended on one side, many do not know of their heritage until they are told as adults. Members of Sol Duga are careful about whom they take as mates as they do not want anyone who is going to divulge their secret or be scared of them, they prefer people who are intelligent, talented and have a respect for the metaphysical and who are open to the idea of the fantastical.

I hope this clarifies some of it, it will show up in Chelsea Dawn and other stories. If there's any questions, please let me know and I will do my best to answer.
August 19th, 2014 at 06:49pm