My Guitar Phobia

Ever since I was maybe about 6 years old I've had a fear of guitars...Severely..
Basically, every-time I was in the presence of a guitar ( acoustic or electric any kind really ) I became very nervous. I was afraid to hold a guitar, touch a guitar or even be in the same room as a guitar. I know I know it's a very strange phobia but what can you do xD.

So I think I know where this bizarre fear started. When I was about 6 years old, my uncle at the time had depression. He had a brown acoustic guitar which he used to play a lot. Well and every-time I saw a guitar it reminded me of my uncle's depression so i associated guitars with that really bad, low feeling, and somehow that turned into a fear. Well that's what I think happened anyway :D.

Whenever I tell somebody that I have this mad phobia they think I'm so weird xD. I've never met anyone with the same fear as me but I hope to one day. There was this one time when I was searching music shops for a glockenspiel and I'm not kidding, every music shop I went to, I walk in the shop's door and guitars... guitars everywhere.. Guitars on the wall guitars on the ceiling guitars left and right everywhere I looked. You can just imagine the anxiety >__>.

But anyway, I'm over it! Yep, my fear of guitars is over, ( I think it's safe to say ). And now that i'm over it, I really want to be able to play on a guitar. I want a guitar so badly now :D haha ( as strange as that sounds )

But anyway, :) thanks for reading, baiii
August 20th, 2014 at 02:10pm