A Million Reasons to Be Nervous... and Give Me Reading Material!

So I leave for college in four days, my friends are all posting on instagram about just how excited they are about leaving their families and starting class. That's all fine and dandy but I can't be as excited as they are.

I feel like I have too much riding on this to be excited. I mean yeah it's great that I'm leaving home and becoming a self sufficient person but I have way more reasons to be nervous than I have reasons to be excited. First things first is that I am going to be a veterinarian and besides getting my bachelors in Zoology, I have to focus on building the most competitive file for when I apply for vet school in four years. Then I have to worry about actually paying for vet school (something that is in no way cheap). And to top it all off, I have to uphold a sort of long distance relationship. My boyfriend is going to be an hour away and we talk all the time about how we're going to make it work. I mean it sounds easy, I take a bus to see him and he does the same to see me...but I feel like its easier said then done. What if we can't make it that weekend? What if he meets someone else? What if I meet someone else? There are so many what ifs floating through my mind and I can't seem to shake them...my dreams are just terrible (if I have them considering I only sleep about three hours every night)

Ugh I know that was a bit lengthy but I was just venting a bit. My whole point of this blog is to ask you this: have you ever been so nervous about a big change in your life? How did you cope with the nerves and how did it work out for you? I love hearing other people's stories so feel free to share them with me! Plus, whore me a story of yours! I'm looking for more things to read on Mibba, I promise to leave an actual comment ^_^
August 20th, 2014 at 06:33pm