Sid Thoughts *Skins

Okay so I finished Season Two of Skins and held off from starting Season Three because I found out that we have an entirely new cast.
I have severe issues with this.

Warning: Contains spoilers
/

Basically, Sid is my favorite. I don't know why, he just is. I think because he's this super cute guy with glasses and I just can't really explain why, but he is. Um? We never find out if he finds Cassie. He just passes right by her little diner and stops to look at her picture but we have NO idea if he actually goes in and finds Cassie. What if he doesn't? What is Sid supposed to do in New York City all alone?
And what if he does? Does he forgive Cassie for leaving after Chris' death? Does Cassie forgive him for being outrageously clueless and leaving her the morning after a passionate night with a fucking great sex scene with literally no explanation whatsoever?
And why DOES Sid leave Cassie in the morning? That was never looked into, either.

So, I'm distraught over not knowing everyone's future. I mean, obviously, we know Chris'. Jal probably went on to that music school after she had her call back. Michelle and Tony...I have no thoughts for them. They didn't seem like they had a future together, and they didn't seem like they had anything lined up for them directly after college. Maxxie and Anwar probably ended up living in London together once Anwar realized he has feelings for Maxxie, because that was kind of obvious.

I go to watch the third season, and I don't know if I can. It doesn't seem right. Okay and my heart literally shattered into a million pieces when Cook opened Sid's old locker and it had one of his beanies in it, vodka, and his name and writing all over the locker door. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I've never been so pissed off at a tv show for discontinuing their characters.

This might sound stupid, but I completely agree with The Fault in Our Stars: Character's have a story beyond the novel, too. They have a story that, if left without at least having somewhat of an idea what might happen to them, no one will know. This is the exact same thing. I want to know what happens to Sid. I wanted him and Cassie together from the very beginning and he fucked it up over and over and over again. And when all is finally falling into place, Sid leaves Cassie in the morning, Chris dies, and Cassie moves to New York. And then Tony buys Sid a plane ticket to New York and basically says 'Hey, go find her.' Like fuck, what if she hates him? What is Sid supposed to do?

Okay. But. Moving on from Sid to the actor who played him, Mike Bailey. Can I just point out how adorable this fucker is? And also leaked nudes??? That are actually really kinda hot??? And S1E10, Mike was actually singing 'Wild World' during his parts? Like him? He sung that? Jesus fucking christ, he makes my heart hurt.

Sorry. I just had to write all that out. I'm frustrated.
August 21st, 2014 at 01:12pm