Why I've Been Gone & What I'm Going to Do About It

So I don't even know if many people noticed how bad I've been about interaction on Mibba. I haven't been doing blogs, I haven't even been reading stories and I definitely haven't kept in touch very well. There are a few reasons why and I feel like people who noticed I was gone have a right to know why I was gone forever, though I was updating, and I want to make a comeback of sorts.

1.) I was taking a summer class early June. It was a difficult course with a few months of learning all wrapped into a total of twelve class sessions. TWELVE. It took a lot of time and effort to get the A that I did and honestly, taking the break and focusing as hard as I did in that class was well worth the effort.

2.) I got a job at home in Key West for the rest of summer, that required me to work 4 days a week from 8-5. Now when I say 8-5, I mean that was subjective to the business of the day. I worked at a beach resort for my friends parents at a concierge desk, but because we were short staffed I worked my own desk, the tiki hut outside in 100 degree whether on the days that my co-worker had to do jet ski tours, AND I worked the jet ski booth on property doing paper work and giving out tests. Needless to say, I was not only very much exhausted most days, but I had my fair share of problematic people who think they can get mad at us because they're on vacation.

3.) A lot of people left Mibba. People that I genuinely love and that I love writing with and talking to decided Mibba wasn't the right place of them. This is, in part, due to that wave of Mibba drama that went around with the enforcing of rules and this sort of small rebellion the community seemed to be experiencing. I myself was VERY displeased with more than one of the Mibba staff, and I didn't like how a lot of things on the site were being run. That being said, it all sorted itself out and I'm completely content with the way the site is being run.

4.) The content. All the content is the same now days. I've been reading a lot more original fiction on here, solely because I'm able to find originality there. I really don't know when everyone started to do repeat blogs and stuff but it really got down on me a little there. I love that people see someone elses ideas and they want to do that, but for a while it was like the same blog with different titles by the same person, or it was the same story line with different characters of a different fandom. Thankfully I've found the originality has gotten better and I've quite enjoyed being back this week.

All of this being said, I want to try and be a more avid member of the Mibba community again. I know I posted a blog before this one about trying to make a come back but I mean it. This year I've got four classes, all of which are sort of easy for me because they consist of nothing but exams and essays with those exams. I literally don't have class work besides reading a bunch of chapters and preparing myself for discussion in class. My major is communication, I have no problem reading a chapter and coming in to class and talking about the Roman Republic forwards and backwards. (I am a history minor as well as a creative writing minor, and I am currently taking all history courses.) I could do that all day long, and that's what I do. Essentially, this is a very easy semester for me so when I'm not reading, I have a lot of time to kill.

I guess what I'm asking you guys to do, is help me get involved. Tell me about your stories, I need to read them. Talk to me. Literally if you send me a message with the word 'hey we're friends now' I'll talk to you forever. Let's discuss fandoms, or let's talk about your writing. Ask me what I'm currently writing and I'll ask you. Shoot me some websites to explore, rec me blogs, articles, stories. Literally anything you think will help me get back in the swing. I want to be here. I need to.

Back in black, I hit the sack, been gone too long, I'm glad to be back.
August 22nd, 2014 at 04:55am