This School Year...

Image


The new school year has officially started in the US (for most of us), which means it is time for a fresh start! This is my first year as a teacher, so I am looking forward to what this school year is going to hold. I know it is going to be challenging, but it'll be just as rewarding.

I have a lot of goals I want to achieve both personally and professionally. When I saw the neat photo above, I thought it would be a great avenue to get some of the goals down in writing, and what better place to post it than mibba? I encourage everyone to think critically about themselves and the world around them - fill out the form and let everyone know what you want to accomplish this year!

This school year...

A bad habit I'm going to break:
Passing my ring from finger to finger. My boyfriend got me a promise ring at our last anniversary and I have this really bad habit of switching it from finger to finger when I'm lecturing. Ugh, so annoying.

A new skill I'd like to learn:
I'd really like to learn how to sew. A lot of the projects I want to do on Pinterest involve sewing, and I just think it's a really great skill to have.

A person I hope to be more like:
My high school English teacher. There was no one in high school that inspired me as much as he did, and I hope to help at least one of my students in the way that he helped me.

A good deed I'm going to do:
Start volunteering at the animal shelter. I took their required class in March, went once to help walk the doggies and haven't been back since. I make lots of excuses (the biggest one that it's like a 20 minute drive...) but I'd really like to be more involved there.

A place I'd like to visit:
Hawaii! One of my friends just got back and she said it was absolutely gorgeous. I'm not much of a beach person, but I'm a sucker for a good view.

A book I'd like to read:
The Maze Runner. I'm going to be 23 soon, so I know I really need to get away from Young Adult books. (I am a firm believer that adults should read books written for adults, not teens, but that is a topic for another day.) But, Dylan O'Brien is playing the MC in the new movie so I have to let this one slide.

A letter I'm going to write:
I actually don't have a desire to write any letters, so I'll pass...

A new food I'd like to try:
Indian food. I've never had real, authentic Indian food, so it's something I'd like to have a go at. Even though the US probably doesn't have the most authentic food of any kind except fast food.

I'm going to do better at:
Not letting people walk all over me. I am seriously bad at telling people no and I tend to do whatever people want me to. It's especially bad in situations at work, but I'm trying to work on it.
August 27th, 2014 at 02:23am