Worth

Okay. Today is just a day I expose my views on things, I guess.

So if you've noticed, I've stepped back from the Ferguson thing.

It was a needed step. I needed air and to really collect/regain some mental stability to come and state how things work from my point of view in a way that would be helpful and progressive.

Not helpful and progressive for anyone who reads these blogs, but for me.

Cause a lot has happened over the course of seeing things happen in Ferguson.

I've been sad. I've cried. I've been angry.

I've even been called a racist. (Multiple times. actually.)

And, just, wow.

So I stepped back and I kept my thoughts to myself like a good introvert does. And now I feel like I am able to express him.

Michael Brown is so much bigger than Michael Brown.

He was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Black people in America are so use to seeing a youth die that it doesn't even really affect them anymore.

Like when it happens there's this unison sigh oh "There goes another one" and we move on.

And that has to change.

Say what you will about Michael Brown.

He could've been the poster child of Fuckboys Union of America.

Or he could've been a boy going to study neuroscience at Stanford.

At this point, it really doesn't matter.

Black bodies no matter how you cut it, no matter where we come from, are not welcomed in America.

Our lives are not valid.

Our existence means nothing.

We grow up with our parents warning us and telling us what not to do when you're outside. What not to do when a cop approaches you. What not to do when you see someone following you in a store.

We are born into restrictions. We were never free.

It use to be certain areas, you know? Like don't go too north or too south. They'll find you.

Now? It's everywhere.

We can't look. We can't breathe.

That's too dangerous.

Don't be too loud.

Don't be too quiet.

You'll be a threat that way.

Don't draw attention to yourself.

Don't try to hide in the crowd a little too much.

You'll look suspicious.

Women are afraid to have children.

If they do, they're afraid their children will appear "too grown" to a cop.

Young thugs.

We're all just a bunch of thugs. No matter what we do or who we are.

"What about black on black crimes?"

Majority of crimes are within people's own race. People do protest black on black crime, by the way.

"Well if black people stopped saying nigga, maybe they would have more respect!"

Really?

You think if we stopped using that word it's gonna help us?

That's suddenly gonna stop everything?

"You're racist!"

Say what you want, but you can't call me a liar.

All I know is that I'm one wrong breath away from someone shooting me in the back of the head.

Then I'll be a hashtag.

I wonder what story they'll make to call me a thug.

oh well.
August 27th, 2014 at 08:17pm