Game of Thrones - Prompts #6, #7, #8, #9 + #10

So...I'm how many days behind? Too many to count. ::facepalm: I'm going to try and cram as many into one blog as I can for the next few days.

The first prompt is my reaction to the show, as shown by a GIF of picture. And this is basically my whole reaction to the show...

Image

And then to all the people who think it's too violent/not a good show...

Image

Also, because it's completely relevant

Image

The next prompt would be my favourite moment of the show which is really hard. Nicole's was Joffrey being slapped which, I have to admit, was an enjoyable moment of the show. However, I have no idea which moment was my favourite. It could be this:

Image

or even this:

Image

Dany pre-season 4 I enjoyed watching, but it was mostly season one with Drogo that was the best. They made such an adorable couple and I cannot get over them. Not even all these seasons on.

Least favourite character is next and I would love, love, love to say Catelyn Stark because I never liked her from the start, but I should be kinder to her seeing as she was killed (and apparently a certain someone isn't making it from the books onto the show, but whatevs - the show is clearly missing out) after watching her eldest son be killed. So, I guess, I should go for Walder Frey.

Image

Although this GIF doesn't highlight why he should be hated, I guess the fact that he let Catelyn kill his wife because he could "always get another" is still held against him by me. I mean, sure, I do understand why he would be insulted by the fact that Robb was promised (via Catelyn) to one of his girls, went against his word and just married willy-nilly (seriously, that change from the books was one that I absolutely hated because, in my eyes, it destroyed Robb's character for me), and then had the audacity to bring his pregnant new wife with him when he apologised. In a world like that, marriage alliances are vital and if that doesn't warrant revenge, I don't know what would.

(Although, I will say, if Robb never had the intention to fulfil his mother's deal that he knew he would have to honour eventually, he should have told Walder Frey and made another deal himself - Catelyn, as much as this pains me to say, should have stayed at Winterfell to nurse Bran.)

The next prompt is what would I name my direwolf if I ever got one. Although I'm much more of a cat person, it would probably depend on seeing the wolf with my own eyes. It's all well and good thinking up names now but I feel that naming an animal like that comes after you've seen them and know them a bit.

However, saying that, I will go for Wolfie for a male direwolf and Lyanna for a female direwolf. But they tend not to have good fates in the show...

Image

And finally, three words to describe the show. It would definitely have to be intriguing, political and brutal. There is so much of each within the world and politics is what drives pretty much everything. It may be corrupt in places but it's still a massive influence on the events.

Going back to my ship of Joffrey and Sansa, doesn't this just look like a beautiful family picture?

Image
August 28th, 2014 at 01:50am