Writer's Block

The bane of my existence. When it happens in the middle of the story, it's bearable. I can just look over what i've written so far and get inspired, but when it happens with the opening -- the start of my story? I almost want to roll into a ball and sleep for a day or two. You can't read over what you've written because there is nothing. I think I've visited every site possible looking for ways to start a story and I still can't think of anything o(-`д´- 。)

I'm so frustrated. I think I've rewritten the start of animus like 592389279852 times but I'm never satisfied. people say that you should just write what comes to mind and don't stop. Don't worry about the spelling mistakes, and don't think about what you're typing; just keep writing and then when you're done, go back and edit, but I keep thinking about every little thing 。゜(`Д´)゜。

\(-___________-;)/ Not even music is getting my creative juices flowing. Every time I listen to a song I end up watching the music video which leads to other music videos, which then leads to tumblr...

I keep thinking that maybe I've forgotten how to write. I haven't done it in a really long time. all I use to do was roleplay. Maybe that made me think I knew how to write? But it's not like it's all me. Someone else writes something and I reply, y'know? I'm starting to believe that I tricked myself into thinking I could write on my own.

And then I let it slip to my dad that I was writing something, and now he wants to read it when it's done. I know he doesn't know better, but now I feel kinda pressured because he's like this avid reader and great artist so I'm nervous that he'll critique me or I won't live up to what he thought of me (ー△ー;)

I think I'm thinking too much about this. All i know is that this use to come easier to me but now it feels like a forced fart and I'm 98% sure I'm gonna end up pooping my pants, y'know?
August 28th, 2014 at 10:46pm