Update on Life

For anyone reading my last couple of blogs, here's an update.

I rang the manager to tell her I took another job. It went okay, she just went really quiet and I could feel her anger over the phone. Ugh, I felt horrible, but straight afterwards, I felt all my anxiety melt away. I don't handle guilt well at all, but once I got the call over with, I felt so much lighter! Now, I'm uber excited about starting work again.

So, I finally got my reference from my previous employer, after many phone calls. Only, they wouldn't post it or email it. No, I had to talk a two hour bus and tram trip to get it, since it was too much of an inconvenience for them to put it in an envelope or attach it to an email. The trip cost me about €20, and I was in the place for literally 2 minutes. A four hour round trip, for two minutes. I was pissed. Bleh. Anyway, now that I have it, it's all good.

I got a phone call, asking me to come in Tuesday for induction, and they said they want me to start ASAP, so I'm starting earlier than anticipated, but I'm excited now. I can't wait to be busy again, and have a routine. I have a goal now (to go back to college), and I always feel better when I have something to work towards. I found myself flicking through a couple of my old books and stuff. I'm excited about working with kids again!

Now, I have to organise finding a place to live. I cannot tell you how much I need to get out of my parent's house. I love them, but I'm way too old to be here. So, that's gonna be fun!
August 30th, 2014 at 08:44pm