The Things That Stay

Oops. I'm a bad person.

I literally didn't see Blissed Out tag me until just now.

Sooo...I'm doing this tag which is basically books you have read that have stayed with out.

Okay, let's start.

Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky \\ I guess Perks was in the first series of books I read that I really could just...get the character. Like I got Charlie. I don't wanna go all out and say 'oh, i am him' cause that's not true, but I did understand him and was able to connect to him despite the...unique(?) way the novel is written. I can also say that the movie was just as good as the book so if you haven't seen the movie, I highly suggest it. It takes it a little farther than the book did and I think it was a nice touch.

Airhead by Meg Cabot // I think Airhead and the Airhead trilogy was the first series that made me go "oh shit...you love books". Like I have probably read many books for pleasure before Airhead, but I carried this series EVERYWHERE. I brought it with me to the car, to school. Basically any and everywhere. The book is funny and I liked that it had a strong female lead and at the end of the series the "airhead" wasn't actually an airhead but a very smart business woman.

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini // I actually was assigned to read this book for school this summer. So initially it was groan, but then I actually read the book and damn. This book gets you in all your feels. Like randomly in the middle of the night hella emotional over it feels. You get in your feels then you get mad cause what happened in that book is what is happening right now.

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell // I told myself I was only going to put one Rainbow Rowell book on the list. So unlike Perks, I feel like Eleanor's and I are very similar. Well, not everything, but at certain parts I saw myself or a certain situation I've been through in her. It wasn't as extreme, but I did see it. But besides that I like how realistic both Park and Eleanor are and Rowell just has that way of making her characters approachable and average. Humor doesn't hurt either.

So, yeah. That's pretty much it.

I tag anyone that wants to do it! (You get a tag! EVERYBODY GETS A TAG!)
August 31st, 2014 at 01:35am