The Depressing Story That Is My Life

So melodramatic, I know, but that is how I am feeling as of right now. August 29th was the day my sweet angel of a kitten passed away and I'm still horribly upset about it. Not that many people can tell because I'm so overly well at hiding my emotions. I knew I would only cry for a couple of days but the intense heartache is still there.

Sometimes I think I see him laying on my bedroom floor on my side of the bed, or I think I see him slipping into doorways behind me. I miss him when I'm eating and I don't have to worry about fending him off anymore. I miss waking up in the middle of the night because he's trying to suffocate me with his cuddles or intent on swatting at my head. Even though he was such a little monster, he was one of the best things to come into my life.

My grandma has given me permission to get a puppy but it's really hard to find one since my options are so limited. I only have thirty dollars to my name so getting a puppy from the shelter is near impossible. Plus I want to be able to keep inside so it can't be a big dog. Which means when it gets to full height, it must not be able to knock everything off of the coffee tables. Seeing as I'm not crazy about small dogs, this makes my life really hard. I wouldn't even be worrying about getting another pet if it wasn't for my intense need of companionship. Being alone is my worst fear. I also think I may suffer from depression and when I do have an animal around for me to play with and love, I don't feel as bad as usually would.

Honestly, I'm thinking about getting another kitten. I know the same thing can't happen twice, since it was a dog that killed Sebastian and my grandmother has gotten rid of him. She couldn't stand the sight of him anymore and I refused to let her shoot him - all in all, he was a really great dog, he just wasn't a kitty friendly dog - so she had my grandpa drop him off somewhere. So, I know that any new kitten I bring into my home will be safe. So, that's what I'm really thinking about since I want a big dog and I want it to be inside and that just isn't going to happen for me.

Image
RIP Sebastian
Mommy loves you.

On to a bit brighter subject: school. Yayy! I have I don't know how many hours out of 1,500! Woo! I've completed roughly around 150 hours and I've been going for four weeks. I've finished my basic Sassoon class, so that's a plus. Starting tomorrow, we're learning how to do manicures and pedicures. Then we're moving on to something else. Not sure what quite yet. Either advanced cutting or basic coloring. I'm more excited about coloring. Either way, I'll be happy.

I've also cut the hair of two humans. Yay, me! My grandma's and a fellow classmates. My teacher says that all my confidence lies in my ability to cut hair, though I have a slight problem with overdirection. Which isn't really that bad of a problem, since it means that I tend to leave hair too long in some places. I'd rather have too long than too short.

So, I got my hair cut and colored! Do you want to see? No? Too bad.

Image
I look so fabulous with chopped off lavender hair! Actually, I think I'm making a pretty awkward face in that picture.

Image
I think I look a little awkward from this angle but, look at that color! Plus you can see my "hidden treasure", as my teacher calls it. She's the one who cut it.

Oh! And we might be having a Tim Burton themed fashion show, so yeah! So excited about that! Who doesn't love a good ole Tim Burton movie? Crazy people.

I'm either going to be Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas or Victor Van Dort from Corpse Bride. I'm so excited to see how all of it turns out.
September 1st, 2014 at 06:16pm