August Favorites!

I'm going to be honest with all of you - I did very little in August other than prepare for grad school. And it seems like August was busy for everyone because very few stories that I'm subscribed to were updated so unfortunately there will be no story list since it would literally be a repeat of my last blog haha. I'll try to fill this as much as I can though. I am determined to make it the rest of the year doing these. I can't believe I've done every month. I'm super impressed with myself right now.

MOVIES

Image
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY


This movie was perfect. LITERALLY SO PERFECT. I loved Groot. He was amazing. And Chris Pratt has always been a babe to me he's just more of a babe in it. Zoe Saldana ... always a babe. Even as a green, hostile alien. So hilarious. Saw it twice in a week haha.

Image
LET'S BE COPS


I for real just adore Jake Johnson and whatever he does. This movie was even funnier than I thought it was going to be, and actually managed to surprise me a little with a slight twist. It was awesome. I highly recommend it for a good laugh and Nina Dobrev is a mega babe in it, as always.

That's all I saw this month. I know. I'm so lame.

NETFLIXIN'


This is a new category because when it comes to nightfall and new shows, I watch very little due to the insane amount of sports I watch. So, when my sports aren't on, I'm typically on Netflix watching old seasons of stuff or (even more frequently) RE-watching stuff. So here are a few shows I have been re-watching lately thanks to Netflix -

ImageImage
CRIMINAL MINDS


I stopped watching this show during the Spencer & Maeve time period because I wasn't much of a fan. I started to watch it again after finding out some stuff and things and because it's back on Netflix when they had taken it off for a period of time (I know because I tried to watch it again at the beginning of summer). But anyways it's back up and I am watching all the episodes I missed to prep for the new season though it appears Jennifer Love Hewitt is joining the cast and just about any time someone new comes in I get a little ticked (except for what's-her-name that took Emily's spot because I adore her just like I adored Emily). We shall see. My ability to keep up with shows is horrid.
But Penelope is the greatest aspect of this show. She rocks my world.

Image
GOSSIP GIRL


I read the books in high school and vehemently opposed the show when it came out because it was so vastly different but I gave in right after the show ended and binge watched every episode on Netflix. Now, I'm watching it again because Chuck is still perfect and I still want to be Blair because she is one of my favorite female characters of all time. She's flawless and the real Queen B in my opinion. #sorrynotsorryBeyonce

STORY SPOTLIGHT


This is also a new little section where I'm going to tell you two stories that I'm feeling super hard - one of mine and one of someone else's (because who doesn't love a little self-promotion?). I have a lot of stories. I have this problem where I get too many ideas and I get a little frazzled trying to keep up with all of them (I have 6 story pages for ideas I've had and haven't worked on yet if that tells you anything). So, here I am going to talk about what story I have been super into writing lately and then another that I am super into reading lately. Especially since it seems activity has died down so a huge favorites list of stories is probably not going to happen until that changes.

So, for my stories, I'm shining the light on True Nature.
Main Characters: Stiles Stilinksi (Teen Wolf) and Ambrosia Hemlock (OC)
Setting: Beacon Hills, California
Plot: Ambrosia has just moved to Beacon Hills after living in several different countries with her offbeat parents who are obsessed with the supernatural. Her mother, sort of a new age Wiccan who loves to craft herbal remedies and potions, and her father, who writes books on legends and the supernatural creatures he has come into contact with. Ambrosia herself is interested in the supernatural but nowhere near as much so as her parents and they have a quirky relationship where she's embarrassed by them but loves them dearly (teenagers, am I right?). Ambrosia often goes on little hunts with her dad and has had her own share of supernatural experiences giving her an open mind. She quickly makes friends everywhere she goes and it's no different - quickly befriending Kira and then the whole group (save for a skeptical Lydia).

The reason behind me shining the light on this particular story when I've started 3 - yes, 3 - TW stories is because I pumped out so many chapters for this one in August that it is kind of ridiculous. I've got plenty pre-written to continue somewhat regular updates but I'm also just crazy motivated to work on it even though Stiles is not my first love on the show. My first love, sadly, is not on it this season and I miss him so much. Then there's Derek, and THEN Stiles. Maybe he's tied with Scott now though. Is it just me or does he get hotter every season? For real. Well done, Posey.

And for the other story, Constellations.
Written by: Carpe Diem !
Main Characters: A slew of gods and goddesses fallen from Mount Olympus (10, to be exact)
Setting: All over the US, modern day (as far as I know)
Plot: The gods and goddesses have fallen from power and are now living somewhat normal human lives, though those lives mimic their celestial ones ever so slightly. There has only been one chapter posted (but I've read 3, I think) and from what I can tell there will be all manner of topics covered in it - life, power, love, drama, crime, money, sins, etc etc etc. It's going to be a wild ride, for sure, and I cannot wait.

Every single time I read this story, I just want more. I always want more because I'm selfish but it's exacerbated with each word of this story because I just love it so much. I took Latin for 4 years and Greek for a quarter and I was a history major in college so you can say that I love mythology and that is a bit of an understatement haha. It's always fascinated me and putting the gods and goddess in modern times, down on earth, it's seriously neat and one of the coolest original ideas I've read in a really long time. Noelle is a tremendous writer with wonderful ideas and impeccable tastes not just in stories and face claims (but heyooo them gods are all babes and a half) but also music. I hope she works on playlists for this story like she talked about because she pairs up songs to stories perfectly. This is definitely a story to keep your eye on. Go read, comment, subscribe, recommend - any or all of those and you won't be disappointed.

Now for the best part --

BOYS

This is my Netflix Boys Edition ...

ImageImage
Image
DEREK MORAN AND SPENCER REID


Oh, my loves. Their bromance is the cutest thing ever and I adore them separately as characters but like most things their power really comes from when they are together and presh. Just - those faces. Ugh they get me every single time. Anyone else that watches this show just wish that he and Garcia would ACTUALLY just get together already? Those his girlfriend is f-i-n-e fine. But Garcia is better than everyone on that how so yeah.

Image
Image
Image
CHUCK BASS


I will put as many gifs of him I want anywhere, everywhere, all the time. Chuck, despite his flaws, is perfect and adorable and sexy and dangerous and amazing and my gah. I can't even stand it. He will always be my favorite on this show even with all the babes on it. He is the at the top. Blair is my favorite character but he is a close second and, like with Morgan and Reid, they are best when they are together. LOOK AT THAT FACE. And hearing him talk normally not on the show with his British accent I literally just melt into a puddle haha.

Image
Image
NATE ARCHIBALD


The way he is with his ladies ... ugh. Out of the three main guys on GG I always thought Nate was the most upstanding and moral of them. Did he have slips? Of course. The thing that is wonderful about that show is they all screw up - they're HUMAN CHARACTERS. Flaws and all. And I love that. But Nate is the ultimate good guy and the only times I liked Vanessa was when she was with him (I was not a fan of her TV adaptation esp. since I loved her character in the books). He really is how I would picture guys on the Upper East Side. Golden boy is right. I liked his character arch a lot but he's also just nice to look at.

Image
Image
DAN HUMPHREY


Honestly, I have a very love/hate relationship with Dan. When I like him, I really love him. When I don't, I want to strangle him. But I also feel like, out of the three boys, he's the best kisser probably. I don't know. Maybe it's the artsy, sensitive thing he's got going on but all his kisses look so passionate and intense. I want his hand on the back of my head and his lips on mine. Not sorry. He looks like he knows what he's doing.

Okay I can't think of anything else to put in this blog so I'm going to end it before going to get lunch before an afternoon/evening of classes. Hopefully I can update some other stuff this weekend if homework doesn't take over my life.

Thanks for reading!
xoxo, Erin
September 3rd, 2014 at 04:50pm