Opinions for My Contest Idea?

I kind of have an idea for a contest. I'm not sure if I'm gonna go through with it.

Lately I have been downloading apps on my phone to help with novel planning, such as character name generators, etc. Well I found a couple that are plot generators. You can choose the genre, and it gives you a few details, and you write it. I want to do a contest where the person picks the genre, and I'll generate the plot. If the person isn't fond of the plot generated for them, then they can ask for a new one, or I may generate 3 different ideas, and have them pick one from that. Then the writer can either write a one shot, or a short story no longer than 5 chapters, and I may choose a winner from each genre. I will also probably make banners for each genre, and maybe make a layout to match the banners, and post screenshots of the what to make the layout look like. And I'll make it so it can be fan fiction or original fiction. I think I will generate and write one also, to show kind of how I want the setup to be for the summary, and cause I think it would be good to kick start my writing gears.

I kind of like the idea cause I haven't seen any contests or anything like that, so it would be unique, I think.

What do y'all think? Should I go for it? Would anyone join in? Opinions would be nice. :D
September 5th, 2014 at 02:15am