I Just Finished the First Season of 'In the Flesh' and I Literally Cannot Even.

Before I begin this, I will say now: MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD. I AM BARING MY SOUL AND EMOTION FOR THIS SHOW.

Once again: Spoiler alert!!!

If you haven't seen In the Flesh, first off, you need to watch it. It's about a young man named Kieren who had killed himself a year prior to a zombie apocalypse. During this apocalypse, he rose from the grave (they have dubbed it 'The Rising') and became a zombie and fed on humans and whatnot. The series actually begins once Kieren is in government captivity. The government has found/made a drug that restimulates the brain and allows these dead to be essentially human. They have gray skin and silver eyes and can't eat but they function like rational human beings. Kieren returns to his human town, where a vigilante group of zombie hunters actively oppose the new PDS (partially deceased syndrome) initiative of reintroducing them into society.

OKAY NOW THAT YOU KNOW THE PLOT I WILL FREAK OUT FOR JUST A SECOND.

I cannot express my immediate love for this show. The first season is only 3 episodes long but it is one of the best pieces I've ever seen. There's so much emotional depth, it's crazy. Like can we talk about Kieren and Rick's relationship?! After finding Rick dead again, that whole rampage he went on in Bill's house... And then Bill! AHHHH!

Not to mention the whole thing with the cave... I didn't even realize that was the place where Kieren had offed himself... I cried several times. I can't even deal with this right now. I need to write fan fiction!

Has anyone seen this show?! WE NEED TO TALK.
September 7th, 2014 at 09:23am