Character Questions!

So, I got tagged like twelve years ago or six days ago, but who counts anymore? Math is hard. I got tagged by the always lovely Fae to do a character quiz. So, yeah, gonna get that going on.

I'm using my character Bennett from In Too Deep /The Art of Dependence.
Rules:
1. Pick one of your Original Characters.
2. Fill in the questions/statements as if you were your Original Characters.
3. Must tag five people to do this blog!

1. What is your name?
Bennett Joseph Davidson. Weird first name, Bennett, isn't it? People try to drown out how "sophisticated" it is with childish nicknames like Ben or Benny. Don't call me Benny.

2. Do you know why you were named that?
Yeah. Father's middle name. I'm just the luckiest man to have bestowed upon me the great grace of my father's middle name.

3. What are you based off of?
What kind of question is this?

4. Are you a Mary-Sue?
Hmm. Depends on how you look at me, I guess? Everyone wants to say, 'no', but someone, even though they may not know it, might actually be a typical Mary-Sue. Now, does my answer make me sound like a typical Mary-Sue? Well, it might, yeah. But I'm a fighter, defender, caregiver, practically. I decided to stop my mother from abusing my rebellious, angst-ridden sister, and decided that if she would abuse such a life that she birthed, we should get the fuck out then. If that makes me a male Mary-Sue, then, I guess so.

5. What’s your eye color? How about main hair color?
My eye color is hazel, which is cool, because it changes in the light or against clothing between green and brown and all the variation colors between there and then. My hair is a darker brown, though not dark enough to be black.

6. Have any family members?
I have my younger sister, Sadie. She's seventeen, and I'm convinced she's all I need. I do have other family members, but they don't matter.

7. How about pets?
I don't have any pets, but I used to have a dog. He was a big boy, full black German shepherd, and his name was Ghost. I'd definitely get another German shepherd.

8. Do you have any activities/hobbies that you like to do?
Shit. Uh, I like to read. That's always something I've turned to in fits of boredom or just because I found a good series and couldn't drop it. I like to go for walks at night. It beats being at home and Sadie being out somewhere and me being stuck around with my mother. When I was younger, I really liked playing hockey, but not for anything besides fun with a couple of my friends in the street on a summer's day.

9. Have you ever hurt anyone in any way before?
I'm sure I have at one point or another, but I don't do it intentionally. I've been told on more than one occasion that I am a "huge asshole".

10. Ever…killed anyone before?
God have I thought about it. Oh god, how I have thought about it. I'm just not like that, even for the people who deserve nothing more than that. Got to just keep believing in the idea of karma and what comes around, goes around. Like that Justin Timberlake song.

11. What kinds of animals do you like?
You know, just animals. Animals are awesome. As pets, I will always want dogs, give me dogs. As animals in general, aquatic animals will probably always be my favorite.

12. Name your worst habits.
My worst habits. Well, shit. I forget to turn off the bathroom light when I leave, I suck at cleaning up after myself, I have a habit of spilling when I'm trying not to. I have a huge problem of interjecting my opinion into a conversation that doesn't concern me and butting in when I probably should just close my bedroom door.

13. Are you gay, straight, or bisexual?
I'm straight. Yep, pretty damn singular with my sexual preferences.

14. Do you go to school?
I did, but I haven't been back in attendance yet. I was into my second year of college, but when shit got bad, I couldn't continue my studies.

15. Ever want to marry and have kids one day?
I guess that's a touchy subject. My parents were so in love and then, as it seemed, at the flip of a switch, he was cheating on her and she was becoming an angry drunk. He's happy, blissful even, with a girl about ten years younger than him and it's hard to believe in the sanctity of marriage when you were an eyewitness to how shitty it could be. Though, I met a girl, and even though it hasn't been that long, marriage doesn't sound half bad.

16. Do you have fangirls/fanboys?
I don't remember my name being Harry Styles, so no.

17. What are you most afraid of?
Airplanes, really. Something about a giant metal weight flying through the sky that could easily drop and bring me to my death. But, I'm also afraid of failure, or losing the only person I care about.

18. What do you usually wear?
What do people usually wear nowadays? I mean, just the nice jeans and T-shirt combo works for me, as it works for everybody.

19. What’s one food that tempts you?
Why just one? I can't pick just one. Pasta, I guess. I could eat all the pasta in the world.

20. What class are you? Low class, middle class, or upper class?
Well, we lived in a nice house and I'd consider us well off, so somewhere in the upper-middle class, but as of late, Sadie and I have been living in the low-low class.

21. How many friends do you have?
I'm not really sure how many friends I have. I considered people my friends, but none of them could open their homes for me when I needed them to. Maybe that's not their fault, but it sticks with you. I do know that I have one friend in the form of a diner girl who opted to hear all my problems before she barely even knew my name.

22. Favorite drink?
Definitely coffee.

23. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Probably somewhere European, or the UK. I don't know. Out of this car is better than anything.

24. Are you interested in anyone?
Yeah, I am. At first I thought it was just because she wanted to hear all about my pathetic story, and then it morphed the more I thought of her and the way her beautiful oceanic eyes held more depth than the Pacific. Or just how hearing her name shakes through my body and leaves me feeling chills for hours on end. Or how, when I call her from diners and pay phones, the sound of her voice, just takes me back to a place I would never leave. I think it's safe to say that I am definitely interested in someone.

25. What type of guy/girl are you into?
I've never really paid attention to "types", really. It's never mattered to me. It's like asking what kind of friends I'm into. Someone who wants to be around me that I could be around with every single day, where the conversation doesn't die out to bullshit and we never cease to make each other laugh. Someone that, when something horrible happens, your initial reaction is to run to them, tell them, just by them knowing makes your whole world easier. Someone that can take on your life and you could take on theirs. Never mind them having blue eyes or green, or being short or tall or petite or thick-boned or curvy or someone who has these certain opinionated attributes. I don't think I know what I want until I see it in the person, it just strikes through me and I realize it. Yes, you are everything I always wanted, but I didn't even know it until I heard you laugh.

26. Seme or uke?
Aha. So that's what those terms mean. Alright. I guess I'd say I'm more seme. I'm in control and sure of how I want things to happen and at calling the shots. So, there's that.

Wooo. So, I'm supposed to tag people here, but I don't really know anyone personally on this site besides like two people. So, yeah. If you read this and you enjoy it, I advise you to do it. SO DO IT.
September 12th, 2014 at 01:57am