7 Movies That Won't Win the Oscar

There is always lots of speculation about which movies will win the Oscars each year. I know just as much about movies as the next guy, which means I have little to no knowledge about what goes into actually picking the Oscar winners. But, I do have a pretty good eye for bad movies, so let's take a look at 7 movies that won't be winning the Oscar this year.

Image
1. I Frankenstein


Admittedly, I Frankenstein wasn't a horrible movie. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible. It had some action and a sort of interesting main character, but what it didn't have was enough sense to make it Oscar gold.

Image
2. Godzilla


Godzilla was infinitely better than a few of its 'Zilla' predecessors, but that didn't make it great. The most interesting character in the movie died about 20 minutes in, while the rest of the film was left to mourn his death and the death of its Oscar nomination.

Image
3. Maleficent


Now, now, now. The concept of this movie was fantastic. Give the villain their own story in a very Disney-eque way. The execution, however, fell short of the Oscar nomination Jolie so deserved.

Image
4. A Million Ways to Die in the West


Seth McFarland was probably never going to win the Oscar. He could, however, have won my heart if the A Million Ways to Die in the West's preview didn't show all of the funny parts of the movie.

Image
5. The Expendables 3


The reunion of every great action hero ever could have been a wonderful Oscar winner, but to everyone who has watched the movie or any of its predecessors knows that its Oscar win is a long shot.

Image
6. Pompeii


There's a reason that this movie was a huge box office flop, and that is probably the same reason it has no shot at the Oscar this year. If you're wondering what that reason is, its because its a snooze fest.

Image
7. Noah


Emma Watson's presence in this movie wasn't enough to take this movie all the way to the Oscars, and apparently people were angry because it made Noah seem too caring, but I don't know enough about the bible to say for sure.
September 14th, 2014 at 10:53pm