Stress // Change // Story // Elizabeth

I'm very stressed out about our rent right now. We got behind on rent when it got lost in the mail and we thought we were going to be okay, because Casey had money left over from school and we were going to pay it with that, but apparently that's not coming until November.

MAYBE they should actually put that on their website if that's the case and not mislead people. They have it on their website that you get your disbursement 25 days after the day your second credit hour begins.

I don't know what we're going to do and I just want to scream.

--

In other news, things might be changing big for us soon. Casey is thinking about joining the army reserves. He's brought it up a little in the past, but I've always been very against it, so he didn't REALLY ever talk about it. The other day he came home from work and sprung it on me. He's been thinking seriously about it for a while and he wants to do it. His dad was in the army and he's always wanted to follow that tradition, apparently, and the money is good. Plus, he has the option of saving the money they give him for school for Elizabeth and he's always been so worried about having college money for her.

We're still not sure yet, but unofficially I am sure this is going to happen. The plan is when he ships off to basic and training, Elizabeth and I will go stay at my mom's. We'll put our stuff in storage and just save as much money as we can. My mom is already on board with it - in her own words, "You can't be alone all those months, you'll die!"

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I want to support him all the same. So, that's where I'm at with it. He wants to do it so I'm supporting him, because he's finally thinking about doing something HE wants to do.

--

So, I WAS working on an Once Upon a Time AU set in the Enchanted Forest, but the wind kind of blew another way. Out of nowhere, this ginormous inspiration for a Rose/Meta-Crisis Tenth Doctor fic came to me. I've basically just been working on that the past few nights and I should have the first chapter up late tonight.

I don't know when the OUAT one will be ready, so I deleted my prologue chapter so no one can see it until I'm working on it again. I think probably I'll get that one going in a couple of weeks after I've put up a couple chapters of the Doctor Who one.

--

Also, Elizabeth is getting very close to being potty trained. She's always done things her own way (kid didn't even walk till she was two), so I wasn't surprised it took her this long to care about potty training, but I am surprised at how fast she took to it. She LOVES her potty and she loves using the potty in general. Any time we go out, we put a diaper on her, but each time she has STILL asked to go to the bathroom and her diaper and stayed dry. It's awesome.

After potty training is complete, we'll work on her binky. Kill me now. It'll basically be like taking her best friend from her. I seriously hope our next baby never wants one.
September 16th, 2014 at 06:46am