Jesus H Bloody Hell.

So between having to wipe my hard drive (damn Macs) and then having writers block to the point that I have wasted at least seven reams of paper- yes I am a purist when it comes to first drafts- that I am JUST actually getting around to finishing and putting up chapters for Second Chances.

Ghost of You isn't on hiatus, by the way, but it takes more research and sadly when I lost my hard drive (my back up failed me, which sucks ass) I lost all of that research. So I'm redoing it, making sure that the story stays true to my original want and vision.

And to deal with a couple messages I got in my inbox (I will be leaving the names out of this): I write to please myself. I write for myself, no one else. To write for others isn't a bad thing inherently as I follow a very good quote by Cyril Connolly: "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." Just saying.

Also I AM still looking for a beta reader. I've tried a couple in my writers block fueled hiatus but unfortunately none of them got the genre of slash/lemon/lime ... Not that I don't EVER write hetero or cis; but a lot of my own friends are gay or transgendered and I, myself, bisexual (don't worry, the husband knows. And is, weirdly, cool with the idea) so that's where I tend to write more.

If you are or know of a decent beta reader then please let me know. I beta read for fan fic writers as well as gay/transgender writers too- but I've been finding more and more grammatical as well as story based issues the more I try to beta read for myself. Not that I don't do a large amount of editing pre sending it. But. Yea.

Thank you!
September 16th, 2014 at 11:31am