Man, I've Been in College Almost a Month (Pictures + I Wrote Something)

Y'all really probably don't remember me. But for those of you who do, ALEX HAS RETURNED. Slightly. I never really left, I've lurked and posted here and there, but I've not posted a blog since before I moved into my dorm.

So yes, I'm going to brag about how fucking awesome college is, basically. I am now a freshman at the University of Kentucky - GO BIG BLUE! Some notable fans of the KY Wildcats are Josh Hutcherson and Drake.

Image
Image

I love it here. honestly, I could not imagine myself anywhere else - even if I am pretty pissed that we just got evacuated from our dorm for a fire drill and it's cold as shit outside. This is the second fire drill I've had the misfortune to be apart of today. One was during time I was waiting for one of my lectures to start. We had to evacuate the building for a solid 30 minutes. Unfortunately, we were allowed back inside just in time for my 12:30 lecture. Way to let me down, UK.

Oh yeah, I got my nose pierced on the first day of class, which was August 27th.

Image

I'm really excited about the fact that my hair is getting long enough for me to pull back in a pony tail without me looking like Thomas Jefferson.

A couple of weekends ago I had my first experience at a hookah bar and it was too damn bomb. My floormate, roommate, and I went with a couple of guys I know from home. They came to see me. My floormate ended up smoking too much, too fast, on an empty stomach and she barfed all over the sidewalk when we left... It wasn't funny at the time because we thought something was seriously wrong with her but now that she's fine... We laugh about it. A lot.

Speaking of my roommate, her and I get along so well. I seriously couldn't ask for a better gal to room with. I consider her my best friend here. She's awesome. We watch the same TV shows, like the same things, our birthday was even the same day!

As far as boys go, I'm still a loser in that department. But I did meet a really nice guy that just happens to be in my PHI 120 class and we talked for about an hour, probably. He's one of my favorite types - the nerdy type. If I could add emojis I would add the one with hearts for eyes. Brown hair with blue eyes, mmm! He usually sat behind me, apparently, but today while we were on our way back in the building he came and sat directly next to me and even helped me with some of my music theory work. He's the real MVP to be honest.

I have 14 hours this semester, not too much, but still full time so that's all that counts. I have a communications class, a logic class (the PHI 120), history & creativity of rock & roll music, music theory for non music majors, introduction to piano, and something called UK 101 which is basically a give me A for freshmen.

Also, I wrote something so go look at it. It's based off of some real shit. SO YEAH, MY REAL FEELS ARE IN THERE. Bedside Lamp Light and Conversation
September 17th, 2014 at 01:38am