Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 23rd birthday (September 17th)! My mom brought in balloons and my present to school so I had to carry around my birthday present all day. The one I wore because today is Consitution Day so we got to wear patriotic shit and my mom bought me a Captain America t-shirt (as well as the new movie). It was nice to wear non-scrub clothing. Especially since a good chunk of us went out for drinks afterwards. Mainly to celebrate my b-day (at least why my friend Niki went) but we also had SCNAVTA stuff.

Also my one friend made cupcakes. I swear her cupcakes are to die for. I can't thank her enough for making them. They sang "happy birthday" to me and everything. It was awesome. Another friend got me a giftcard for Bath and Body Works. It was an awesome day.

I bring up my friend from class for a reason. According to my mom's boyfriend, I have no friends. He told me this last night so bluntly. According to him I only have associates. I'm sorry but associates don't make plans to hang out outside school/work, they don't make cupcakes for birthday parties or anything like that. What I have are friends. We support each other and are there for each other. Next week we're having a huge study session before our finals! Friends do that! I'm going to be with these people for the next year, so of course I'm going to befriend them. No only do I consider these people my friends, they're a big part of my support system. We're all are apart of each other's support systems. I would hope to remain friends with these people even after school is over with. That is friendship.

Anyway, my birthday was amazing and I had fun. Now I'm going to go to bed because I'm tired and I've got to get up early tomorrow because I've got to catch the bus again. I'm grateful for my mom taking me today. Tomorrow goes back to normal, ugh. Finals next week! Next mod starts small animal care and radiology. Finally stuff dealing with my program!
September 18th, 2014 at 03:21am