My Ode to Quizilla

So, after reading blasphemist's blog, What Quizilla Means to Me, and learning about the closing of Quizilla, I've decided to make an ode to Quizilla.

I joined Quizilla in January of 2009, if I'm not mistaken. To be honest, I can't even remember what led me to Quizilla, or why I joined. But, as soon as I joined I realized that I'd finally found something that I enjoyed. I wasn't even a remotely good writer, and I mostly enjoyed reading Avenged Sevenfold stories because I was obsessed with them at that time. My best friend, Becky, and I would spend all day looking up and reading A7X stories, and we always had such a fun time taking the quizzes.

One day I decided to start my first story. It was a story about Daniel Williams, the drummer of The Devil Wears Prada, and it was absolutely terrible. At the time I thought that it was an amazing story, because everyone who was giving me feedback were being so supportive and uplifting, and telling me how awesome I was. That's what I absolutely loved about that site. I was awful, yet people were so unbelievably supportive that I didn't know how terrible I was.

Anyway, eventually my best friend Becky made an account of her own and we started co-writing an A7X story (that we learned was called "fan fiction" about a year later) that featured Brian Haner and Jimmy Sullivan. We were so into them at that time, and our entire lives revolved around that fucking story.

I made so many fucking friends on that website, including one named Rylee (who is the one who convinced me to move to Mibba, but no longer gets on here). Her name was A7XmcrCrazy6661 (or something like that?) and she was so cool. She was my best friend on that site for a long time. She sincerely changed my life, and if any of you know her still, I'd like for you to tell her that.

Eventually my other friend, Jessi, made an account and began writing her poetry. She used to cut herself, and it made me really sad. She always posted her feelings on that site in the form of poetry, and it made me really upset to see her so torn up inside. I did everything I could for her, and accepted her the way she was. She was one of my best friends in the world.

About a year ago Jessi was found dead by her boyfriend after a night of partying. I don't know the details, because the family has a right to their privacy and I didn't pry. But I know that she and her boyfriend were partying the night before and there were drugs involved. Hearing that news completely shocked me. Although Jessi and I drifted apart, and rarely spoke after we graduated, I still considered her one of the only sincere friends I ever had in my entire life. I loved her.

While glancing through Quizilla for one last time, I found a journal post that I'd posted about her after seeing one of her poems that had made me worried about her.

Image[/url]-->Image

Seeing this absolutely broke my heart.

Anyway, I just wanted to pay homage to Quizilla today because I think that site is what got me interested in writing, and ultimately made me the writer I am today. I'm so thankful for that site and everyone I met on it, and I'm truly sad to see it being shut down. RIP Quizilla.
September 20th, 2014 at 07:32pm