A Great and Terrible, Wonderful and Awful Thing Just Happened Tonight While I Was in Bed With the Dude

So the guy and I are in bed early on a Saturday night (because we're both losers who stay indoors and isolated together on party night/date night whatever you want to call it) and we're watching Netflix and cruising Tumblr when we start talking about writing. Eventually we start talking about when I first started reading (Anne Rice's Blood and Gold and the rest of the Vampire Chronicles, followed by various novels about Cleopatra) and the first fanfics I read (some B2k and Lil' Bow Wow fanfics on, I think, LJ when I was in my early teens) and the first fanfics I wrong (various stuff from various bands during the Fueled by Ramen craze) and eventually the first story I published on Quizilla.

So I started telling him about it (it was vampire fanfic, of course) and he asked to read it but, of course, all of my first works were lost in my first big computer crash. I had the story up on Mibba and Quizilla at several different points, but I (thought I) deleted them all from the internet and had therefore lost them forever. Sweet Baby Moses, was I wrong!

Just on a whim (and a teeny tiny bit of hopefulness that it might show up in the Wayback Machine), I did a Google search of the story's title and BOOM! The story freakin' showed up! It's on Quizilla still! Both the first part and the (unfinished) sequel. I'm so happy and freakin' excited, I had to post this blog NOW NOW NOW, so I didn't forget about it by morning.

Right now I'm saving all the chapters to my Google Drive so I can work on posting them (as-is, in all of their awful glory) on Mibba sometime during this week. Holy shit! I am so fucking excited about this, it's disgusting!

I promise you, it's probably as terrible as anyone would imagine or maybe even worse and I don't even care a little bit. This was my first finished story and I'm grotesquely proud of it and I want you all to suffer through reading it and feel second-hand embarrassment for me and I feel first hand embarrassment for myself as I read it again for the first time in, what? nearly 10 years? (At least 8 years?!) Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

I'm gonna die.

Are you going to read my awful first story? Say yes.

Notes for me for tomorrow, so I don't forget about the blogs I want to make

1. A blog describing all my first fanfictions, including the best parts I can remember. Include the Ryan Ross fic, the Pete Wentz fic, the Adam Siska fic, and the Vamp Diaries fic, and the second vampire love story about the freakin' vampire slave!

2. Ask Mibbians to tell me about their first stories because I desperately want to know.

3. Start posting that vampire fic as soon as possible.

4. Maybe start a contest where users submit their oldest story - no editing allowed?
September 21st, 2014 at 07:43am