Lost Ideas

Hey mibba!

This is shockingly not a quizilla blog, or maybe it is, who knows?

But this morning I woke up with a certain story idea on my mind and how I just didn't want it to work/write it anymore and how it basically just crumbled right before my eyes.

Of course the initial reaction is just
Image

Cause that means I just threw myself into a pit of writer's block as the characters of the initial idea turned to me completely switched up. (I.E changing their names and their goals and basically...everything)

So now I have characters with no real substantial plot.

BUT ANYWAY, that's not what this entire blog is about.

I realize that throughout my little life as a writer, I drop story ideas quite a lot. They range from very simple to amazingly intricate and I would like to share them.

So let's go through the vault of lost ideas, shall we?

Rooftops: I'm not sure if this was the final title I had for this idea, probably not, but at the time I was very fond of it. It was about this desi boy named Andrew who was visiting his father's side of the family in Williamsburg, Brooklyn for the summer. He spent most of his days working in the deli/corner store his uncle owned as his two little bitch ass friends would come in and fuck around and then try to get him to come out and go to parties with them. The longer he works at the corner store and just stay in the neighborhood, word of this girl everyone dubs as "Babygirl" or something in the same bracket is heard. Basically she was a teenage harlot. Every boy in the neighborhood has claimed to sleep with her or have down something very raunchy. Andrew sees this girl multiple times in the corner store and grows a curiosity/ infatuation towards her and they soon become friends. From there they really pick each other apart and help each other overcome some mental and physical battles they each own.

So, yeah, basically a very big coming of age story.

To the Sky: My first and only Sci-fi/fantasy idea. It was about the future where the wellbeing of the Earth fell apart and people moved and started to live in the sky. The timing of the novel was an in-between phase where people were still alive to actually remember and possibly lived on Earth before becoming people of the sky and then there's people who have been born and only know the sky. All of the people who were born post-leaving Earth must have names related to the sea or sky. The main way of travel was by ships if you were traveling a distance and there were sky pirates and everything. Anyway, the story was based around two siblings named Maliah and Sora whose parents went on a journey to rediscover Earth when they were young, leaving them with their grandparents. When the two became of age they decided to continue their parent's legacy to find it. With a little guide their parents left behind and wisdom from their grandfather, they went out to find it. I wanted the idea to be a trilogy of some sort and have them meet people on the way. Like they meet a ship builder, a "diver" which basically meant a traveling female merchant/fighter , a sky pirate, and a map maker.

Arabella: This was a mess. This was about a young screenwriter who was working for a variety sketch show (think Saturday Night Live) who was having an affair with her bosses/ the head screenwriters. As this occurs, a new director is hired for the show and he starts to like Arabella. Arabella starts to like him as well, but the head screenwriters still have a pull over her and actually start to blackmail her about her past and basically ruin her entire career. Shit happens, a triggering event occurs, Arabella ends up in an outpatient program. Like, there was a lot going on in that story lol.

Jaaneman: A fanfiction! This was a Childish Gambino AU fanfiction, actually. Oh my gosh haha. This one was about a girl named Kai who was a girl from Arizona who was going to college at NYU and was struggling finically to continue. She came from a single dad who was working really hard to keep her there, but it just wasn't working. That was until she met Gambino who was a very wealthy artist and she became his muse. Here's where you realize I'm trash. Since Kai was a muse, she wasn't romantically involved with Gambino because he was really focusing more on art than romantically connecting with her until he had an art exhibit of the works he made based of her.

He tried to fuck her in an art gallery.

She said she was a virgin.

He says he's not fucking a virgin.

She sleeps with Chance the Rapper.

Shit happens.

I'm a mess.

So, yeah. Those were a few of the stories that I have been unable to pick up throughout the last...year? Yeah, that seems like a good timeline.

Now that I've basically showed my dirty laundry, let me know yours! Any plots you just haven't written?!?

Love you guys.

bye.<3
September 21st, 2014 at 07:07pm