Germany or China?

If my mother doesn't go, "lol, no, bitch. You can't leave the country until I die!" Which is what she says anyway...

But I've been thinking hard on these two paths that are opening up for me. They're for completely seperate reasons, but both would be great experiences.

The trip to Germany would be through the school for 4 weeks in Manheim/Heidleburg and would count as eight--yes EIGHT--college credits. After this spring semester, I will have 16 credits out of my 21 credits for my German minor. So if I went to Manheim this summer, I would be done with my German minor. Which would be fabulous. However, the only problem is $$$. Its so spendy to go, but it might be worth it because I could better at my German because of submersion, ya know?

The China trip is through ELIC or English Learning Institute/China. Its run my Christian program and its where people who speak English go to China and teach Chinese English teachers how to better their English. The English teacher at the Catholic school in my hometown has went several times and highly suggested I do it when I mentioned I wanted to teach English overseas. The only issue is I would have to raise enough money to go because again, its freaking expensive.

So I'm curious to know your guys' opinions on this. One of the main reasons why I would want to go China now is because I don't know what's going to happen to me after I graduate. I might be tied down with a job or my mother might tie me up and throw me in the basement. I'm just really unsure on where to go and how to bring it up to my mom....She's my main obstacle. Well, that and money, but I know we could make it work. If she cooperated.

Later loves.
September 22nd, 2014 at 12:05am