The "Old as Balls" Sweet Nostalgia Contest

Image




I just started a new writing challenge that you don't even have to write for! All you need to do is sweep through your oldest stories and submit your most embarrassing oldie. Join it!

Once all submissions are in, everyone gets to read all the awful, terrible, embarrassing stories, and judge each other, and laugh about how terrible we are, and then vote for the one they like best (or worst, it doesn't even matter, this contest is pointless*).

Seriously, if you can find some really old pieces, join it!

I finally found all of my oldest stories - the first ones I ever wrote - and every single one of them is crazy cliched Fueled By Ramen fanfiction. No lie. It's like seven-minutes-in-heaven, best-friend-with-a-band-member, merch-girl-on-the-tour, everyone-is-in-love-with-her fantastic, he-can't-express-his-feelings-because-he's-too-shy fantastic. And that's so much of it. I mean, I'm disgusted and shocked with myself about how much I used to write (and how little I write now). I haven't even had a chance to go through it all I literally posted over two new 'old' stories and that's not even made a dent in the amount of old stories I've found.

There's stories about Patrick Stump and stories about Ryan Ross and stories about Adam Siska and so on "Seven Minutes in Heaven" scenes and tour bus hijinx. Good stuff.

Tomorrow I'll try to add add some of those fanfics to the First Time collection. Hopefully I can get through it.

September 23rd, 2014 at 03:05am