"Art" + Bad Stuff

I'm going to start on a relatively light-hearted note and then go into how I threatened my aunt.

I was drawing dinosaurs the other day—because that's what we do in environmental science, aside from analyze soil samples—and whenever I do an art-related project for a class, it reminds me of how much I miss art.

I did a cosmonaut portrait a while ago that I never finished and never will. You can find that in a previous blog.

And then I did some fanart and thought, "hey, I have can color this with my computer. Why not?"

The only reason I'm posting this is because this is the first time I've been able to actually color hair worth two shits.

Image

(This is a character named Vida from The Darkest Minds series. She was really mean but really cool)

I like portraits.
Now, on to the bad shit. Really bad.

An old friend of mine tried to commit suicide. I hate hearing of people who get this low, because I've been there, and it's the worst place to be. I don't want anyone to be there; I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and she's one of the best people I know.

I'm just so glad she's okay now, but she lives in the town of ~500 where I used to live and now I'm so afraid that they're going to spread horrible rumors and make it worse, since that's always what they do. My aunt is a huge culprit of this. And she's not the only one.

It's just...no one should have to go through this, but it seems like so many good people--like my friend--are, while the others sit there and gossip and laugh.

Maybe I'll write a longer blog on this when I have more energy.
September 23rd, 2014 at 05:27am