Baby Blog!

So last week, I posted a blog about me finding out I was pregnant. I figured since a few people, especially brea/gatesguardian., showed excitement and such for me and the situation, I figured I would post an update. However, I'm gonna explain something first.

I received a few comments and messages, wondering how I didn't know I was pregnant. Someone even messaged me, calling me a liar, so I wanted to explain how this is possible. I have something called polycystic ovarian syndrome, which means my sex hormones are imbalanced. Because of me having PCOS, my periods are always messed up, and it usually makes the woman who has it to get pregnant. All cases are different. So I didn't think anything of it when my period was messed up and missing. There are times I go 6-9 months without it, and other times I get it every month. I am also a heavyset person, and I have actually been losing weight since the start of the year. I went from being 330 down to 285, and being this heavy, it does disguise a baby. I didn't really feel the baby move, and if I did, it wasn't much movement, and I dismissed it as being gas. I recall being sick once, and I thought I ate bad shrimp. Nothing really changed, so that's why I didn't notice it until now. And I didn't know I was pregnant with my son until 7 hours before I delivered him, and I didn't notice any changes or differences then, either, so I had nothing to compare it to.

Sorry for the small rant, I just wanted to explain all of that. NOW! To baby details!

I had an ultrasound done today, along with blood work done to test for iron levels, prenatal diabetes, and if there is a risk of the baby having any type of chromosome disorder, among other things. I finally got some answers, such as a due date and a gender! My instincts were telling me a girl, and they were right! I am having a little girl! My due date is December 24th, and I'm hoping she doesn't come on December 23rd, which is my son's birthday. Any day before and any day after is fine, but I would like for my children to have their own special day. If she does come on Marston's birthday, then I will just make sure to make it special for them, but celebrate it separately. My mom was mentioning to celebrate one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. I'm not sure how I will do it, but it will be done haha. They said the ultrasound looked great! She is a long little girl, which is how Marston was when he was born. Heck, he's not even four and he's 4 foot tall! But her heart rate was good, they took pictures of everything on the baby for the doctor to evaluate, and everything looks good on that end. Overall, she is a healthy baby! I am now just anxious for the months to go by so I can meet her!

Thanks everyone for the nice messages and comments. I truly do appreciate it! I'll post updates when anything happens. But for now, here is an ultrasound from last week of her waving. :)

Image

- Kallie
September 24th, 2014 at 08:44pm