Hormones Are Ruining My Friendships.

I've never considered myself to be "boy crazy". I've never been the girl that always had a boyfriend. And I'm okay with that. But recently I've noticed that my female friends have been changing. Dressing different, acting different. All lost their V-cards before high school. I can't even hang out with them during lunch because all they want to do point out guys like "red shirt", then the other girl would say weather or not she thought he was cute.
I'm not a judgmental person, I don't care if you're a little promiscuous as long as your not a jerk. But I cant help but feel that I don't have anything in common with them anymore. They don't want to talk about music, or watch You tubers with me, they want to talk about their sex lives and how cute so and so is. And I'm worried. I listen when they tell me about their latest sex scandal, hey it can interesting sometimes. The one question I ask is always, "Well you used a condom, right?" and the answer I get is, " No, it was the heat of the moment".
How hot are these moments?
I'm not a saint by any means, I'm not a "save yourself for marriage" girl (gotta test drive the car before you buy it, am I right?). I cant count how many times a friend has told me that I need to lose my V-card. But I am in the firm belief that my petunia is a gift that I'm not going to just throw at the first guy who gives me butterflies. I don't know when, or what age I'll happen to lose it, but one thing I do know is that I'm going to think about it. A lot.
I guess my point is that my friends hormones are making it hard for me to hang out with them. There is so much more to life than finding a boyfriend. Sometimes I feel like I'm not taking advantage of my high school career. But I know in my heart that frankly, boyfriends are not that important right now.
I just feel so sad when I see my friends throw themselves at these guys only to get hurt. I guess all I can do is pick up the pieces.
September 25th, 2014 at 04:09am