Dragon Ball Z Fan Fiction

Okay, so it seems like all my Mibba friends are getting into Dragon Ball Z which I'm super happy about! Most girls seem like they only like shoujo (which is totally fine, it can be awesome, I mean have you read Black Bird? uh it's amazing) and now I have some people to talk to about it besides my husband and other random guy friends.

Anyways, since you guys are interested in it, I wanted to share this crazy thing that happened to me recently.

So I found this book in the kindle store, many series often put the first book in the series up for free just to draw you in. I found this one with an interesting premise.

'He broke her heart. Now, it's time for him to pay...

Pax Burnson has been in love with Thorn Kalgren since she was fourteen. Long before he became the CEO of one of the world's largest tech companies, and an arrogant jerk. Their families have always been close due to their shared secret; both Pax and Thorn are descended from devas, powerful demigods with vast supernatural abilities. Years ago, when Pax lost her mother, Thorn became her everything. She depended on him as her friend, mentor, and eventually her lover. His recent betrayal was more than she could bear.

Pax has spent a lifetime concealing her goddess heritage, and trying to be normal. She has vowed not to practice her powers, but her newfound anger at Thorn has released a violence that she cannot restrain. She turns to her best friend for help with a complex plan to deceive and destroy her former lover--but this is challenging since her best friend happens to be Thorn's own sister. As it turns out, Amara Kalgren has her own reasons to crave vengeance.

The friendship and loyalty between the two girls becomes fortified as they venture down a dark and twisted path, discovering ancient magick and terrifying demons, and struggling against the consuming lust and love for the men who have hurt them. Pax and Amara soon find that they've bitten off more than they can chew...

But there's no turning back now.'


Anyways, I started reading it and it far surpassed my expectations for a free e-book! I was zooming through it, ignoring my man in favor in favor of the book (happens often though). As i get further into it, I keep having moments were things keep reminding me of Dragon Ball Z! There's things that remind me of super sayan, different stages of super sayans, hyperbolic time chambers, fusions and there's a Vegeta character that is just awesome.

So at the very end, two character Vince and Rose have a very Vegeta and Bulma arguement and I throw my kindle on my bed and storm out of my room, run downstairs, out the door, into the backyard and yell at my husband who is playing with our dog, "Oh my god! This woman plagiarized DBZ!"

She really wasn't plagiarizing DBZ, it seemed like it was set post-GT, way later, and just had a lot of elements and characters of the series, no direct plot rip-offs. Names of things were different. Pan is now Pax, Vegeta is now Vincent, Bulma is now Rose, Gohan is Raymond, Goten is Asher, Trunks is Thornton (called Thorn) and Bulla is Amara (called Mara).

He urged me to ask the author about it, hint at it to her and find out what was going on.

Low and behold, I found out it was once a DBZ fanfiction!

The author was super nice and delighted that I had guessed it was a DBZ fanfic!

It used to be a Pan/Trunks and Goten/Bulla fanfic. Which explained why I loved it 0____0 I have no idea why, I really am on the fence about GT but Pan/Trunks has to be one of my all time favorite pairings.

I'm well into the second book now but had to put it down because of a really out of place and odd lesbian sex scene :/ I'm not sure how it fit into the plot, the rest of the book is good but the scene just seems like the writer was trying something out she wasn't sure about.
September 26th, 2014 at 03:24am