Okay We All Need to Take a Moment and Get Some Quizilla Nostalgia up in Here

OH. MY. GOD.

So I saw a blog talking about how Quizilla is shutting down and obviously my first reaction is awwww nooooooo Quizilla you have to stay up forever. Because I said so goddamnit. I have memories with you.

I mean, I started Quizilla with the old layout. REMEMBER THAT LAYOUT? YEAH.

Not that I've used Quizilla in actual years but you know, Quizilla seemed like something that would never die. Even though looking at the Most Popular lists especially for stories it's literally died. Like, you would have to reach like 40 000 hits to get to front page and it's it's like barely breaking 1000 you guys no nothing of the Most Popular lists struggles these days.

And I don't even know quizzes anymore.

Obviously because they're shutting down I was like I have to see this stuff one last time (I was going to save anything worth saving but found nothing worth saving) and read shit that I wrote in like grade fucking seven.

SEVEN YEARS AGO HOLy SHIT JESUS CHRIST OH my GOD.

And it was literal trash like the cheesiest stupidest shit I've ever seen. I don't understand why people clicked on this. It was trash. Trash. I wrote in script form for some reason? So it was all

Girl: blah blah
she moved away
Boy: different blahs (insert random author note here ^^)

and terrible. And like, Mary Sue to the max. I had a story where the girl was super strong/smart/beautiful/everyone loved her/bad guys wanted her on their side/even the people that don't like anyone like her/her parents are dead THE WORKS.

And my seven minutes in heaven quizzes/blind date/baby daddy/whatever the fuck else? HOW DID PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ THESE? I HAVE A COUPLE WITH LIKE 10 000 HITS. GUYS. GET OUT OF MY FACE. THEY'RE ACTUALLY TERRIBLE.

Reading them over, I literally rehashed the same things over and over again like "oh I actually love you" at the end. Very uncreative stuff. Just boring they get alone and the guy confesses. In very dull, uncreative ways. Like, "you're not pretty" (insert girl sad face) "you're beautiful" I did that whole do you like me/want me/something else and they're like no (sad face) "I LOVE YOU, NEED YOU something else".

Fucking tongues wrestling, asking for entrance and shit. Passionately making about. So much battling for dominance. Exploring of mouths.

The baby daddy one (which actually 10 000) the only sign of pregnancy is mood swings/morning sickness and weird craving. They find out a week after they did it. In one of them the dad LEAVES and then 5 years later COMES BACK AND IS LIKE IM SORRY she cries and then he's like MARRY ME AND SHE SAYS YES.

WHAT. NO. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. IT WAS LIKE A 2 MINUTE CONVERSATION AT MOST I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING YOU.

I also could not spell and instead of spell check if I even knew it was wrong I'd just put (sp?) next to it. Like I couldn't even google correct spelling. omg. guys. guys.

Everyone has dead parents. EVERYONE. Or absent. Generally parents are just non existent.

And then I took a break and created a new account and started this semi popular story that is actually the only full story I have ever finished.

I know.

It's 35 chapters and an epilogue and omg just thinking back I was so happy with that story. I mean I look back and it wasn't that good but aw it was like my Quizilla prime days. I loved logging in everyday and I would have like 15+ messages and people sending my banners and it was cute, okay?

My first chapter has over 30 000 views and I was like guys, I was over the moon.

Haha aw The Richardson List.

Wanna know a secret? I GOT INSPIRATION FROM A LIFE WITH DEREK EPISODE. I AM SO NOT ORIGINAL AT ALL. AND EVERYONE WAS LIKE YOU'RE SO ORIGINAL. I WAS NOT. IT WAS FROM A LIFE WITH DEREK EPISODE LITERALLY A NEW GUY COMES IN RATES PEOPLE AND RATES CASEY A LOW NUMBER AND SHE FALLS FOR HIM OR SOMETHING.

I AM A FRAUD.

I mean, there's nothing really to save like I thought. I'm a little sad that it's goodbye to Quizilla, I mean it's entirely the reason I started writing, aw, but I mean I haven't logged in, in forever, and for good reason. I've just moved on. I guess it's time to say goodbye. You know, everyone talked shit about you all the time because the majority of stories on there were perfect examples of what not to do, but I feel like it was so many people's starting places, and you'll always have special place in my heart, ol' Quizzy.

GOODBYE QUIZILLA~!
September 28th, 2014 at 10:02pm