I've Heard It All Before

I've heard it.

The whispers.

The lies and deceit.

I've heard the compassion. The sympathy. The pathetic pity that is ensued upon me.

"It gets better."

"You won't alway feel this way."

Well, I hate to break it to you, but I fucking know that.

AND HEY!

MAYbe I will always feel this way. You can't know.

You don't know.
If you did, then hell yeah, I'd believe you. I'd put faith on that but guess what?

You don't know shit.

Everyone's mind works differently.

SO maybe to someone, it doesn't get better and it gets worse.

Maybe to that person, being told it gets better is making it worse.

You cannot know that for 100% sure.

You can hope.

That is about as far as your little arms can reach and your little mind can go.

I'm really tired and about to sleep but just one small tidbit of advice to the "advice" you are trying to give. This is what you should really say:

"I understand that you're upset. If you want it to get better, you have to make it happen. You are in control of your own mind and if at this moment you're not, then take control. I didn't say to control your emotions, control how you think. You can do it. If you want to feel better, then set a goal and achieve it. That is the only way. You can only feel better if YOU want to. The choice is yours."

And you can change it up as much as you want, and you can honestly keep the original, "It only goes up from here," line but I would have felt much better having been told this...it's just my opinion not a rule. I am entitled to have my own...thanks anyway....

Just remember that the choice is always yours.
September 29th, 2014 at 05:48am