An Update on Ashleigh & Her Writing + NaNoWriMo

Hey guys! It's been ages since I've been on Mibba, but I thought I'd update you all on where I'm at! I'm not sure if anyone I talked to is even around anymore, or if anyone even remembers who I am, but I'll spend some time rambling regardless.

The reason I haven't been on Mibba in a while was -- at first, due to personal life issues, and then from there, I began to feel as though I'd moved on from this site and sharing my writing online in general. Instead, I've been spending a lot of my time thinking about trying to get my books published -- but of course, for that to even have the POTENTIAL to happen, I'd have to actually finish a book. Which I'm pretty damn bad at.

Summer break is coming up, however, and I'm going to try to finish both How to be Human and Defiance during that time, because they're the books that I'd most like to get published. I don't know if anyone still reads How to be Human, but it's undergoing a complete re-write, so unfortunately I'll have to take it down. I'm still deciding whether to post the rewritten version online to get some feedback (and because I had such loyal readers!) but I'm kinda worried about how it will affect the potential of me getting it published some day. Same goes for Defiance, but I've only posted two or so chapters of that here anyway. BUT maybe if I didn't post it online for everyone, I could share it with a few of you for real feedback?

Does anyone remember my short story Skin and Bones? It was around a few years ago after I'd had inspiration to write a novella on some person experiences of mine, and it was up here briefly before I took it down. Anyway -- at the time, I sent it to my family members, and they cried their way through it and said they adored it (even though the writing was awful!). I think they liked it because it was close to home, but anyway, I had an idea this year that I'd do a complete rewrite and try to self publish it and surprise my family members by giving it to them as a book for Christmas. My grandparents are getting on in years and I don't know how much time there will be for me to make them proud, so I thought it would be a nice idea.

Anyway, because I want it to be a surprise, I'm doing the editing on my own. So I thought I'd ask whether anyone would be interested if I posted it here? I'd be after constructive feedback, and I've really missed sharing my stuff online regardless.

I also have two supernatural/fantasy novels that I've been writing for fun and have no intention of EVER getting published, so I thought I could maybe post them here too. Would anyone be interested? I know I've never really posted any supernatural-themed stories before, but I've had so much fun writing them and it could be fun to share them with you. (: Just let me know, because I'm super duper nervous about posting again, just because it's been so long and I don't even know if things have changed on here!

Also, IS ANYONE DOING NANOWRIMO THIS YEAR? I've done it the last two years and surprised myself by actually getting shit done, but the idea I have for this year is really different. My usual buddy (ignitethisangel.) isn't doing it this year so I was wondering if anyone else wanted to be buddies? We could bounce ideas off each other and ramble about how scared we are and all that fun stuff. Pleeeease I really don't wanna do it on my owwwwn.

Anyway, as for my other stories: I'm not too sure what's going on with them. I mean, I could get inspired over summer break, but I kinda need to focus on writing my other stuff. Are there any stories of mine that you miss? I don't know, I love you guys and I miss hearing from you all so I could get sporadic updates done maybe.

That being said, I might not be on here ALL the time -- especially if I decide not to post anything, but it'd be great to hear from you all and get back into the swing of things a lil. I miss Meebz and crapping about on here for majority of my day. I miss chatting to my friends on here and reading your blogs. I am a lonely old fart here and I miss yoooou.

So yeah... this has been a rant a la Ashleigh. Anything I need to know about Meebz? Have things changed/people left/rules changed? Are there any amazing stories I should be reading? Let me know, guys! I mean, WHAT DO YOU GUYS EVEN DO ON HERE ANYMORE? That's the kinda vital information I need to be knowing.

Love you long time, Meebzians. Regardless of whether none of you have any idea of who I am. Love yooou.
September 29th, 2014 at 02:41pm