Candy Bowl, Other Halloween Ramblings, NaNo, and Questions

Image

(Sorry if you're seeing any code being wrong, Mibba needs a Preview button.)

I'm very happy that Mibba still does candy bowls!

Okay, well, I'm really not very good at leaving good comments or reccing stories or anything like that because my attendance on Mibba in the past five years has been... sporadic, at best, but I thought I would offer something at least.

And they will all be based on a list of really terrible candy bars.

Payday - A shrug of utter indifference as I stare blankly into your eyes, but it is if I am looking straight through you.
Almond Joy - A nod of mild approval as you ask me the most complex of questions about human morality without speaking.
Heath Bar - A feigned sigh that disappears into the deafening silence of the endless void within this black chasm of which you stand before me.

Hope you like!

Now, on a more serious note, tomorrow is the first day of Halloween (or October or whatever you want to call it). I don't know why, but I get really excited around this time of year despite doing absolutely nothing for it. I guess I do watch a lot more horror movies than I usually do, but ultimately, I don't do anything. I don't get or make a costume and I don't go to parties. Strangely, in all my years of college, not once did anyone I knew have a Halloween party. One day, I do vow to at least host a Halloween party. By next year, I should be moved out. That's the plan.

I will definitely be dressing up as the Pumpkin Man then, once I learn how to dance like that (and once I've lost enough weight that the spandex won't be too scary).

I don't know how to embed videos.

NaNo

For me, NaNo starts tomorrow. My goal is that by the end of this year, I want to have around 80,000 words written as my novel's first draft. Tomorrow I will start to plough through my 31-Day challenge of story planning so that by the time November comes around, I have everything worked out and I'm not going to hit a snag on the plot and let it fizzle out.

If anyone wants to do NaNo, but you haven't really fleshed out your idea enough to be confident in writing that many words on it, I've found this blog post which is awesome prep for NaNo if you're doing something totally new from scratch. The exercises are geared towards world building in a fantasy story, but they should be easily adaptable for any genre.

Okay, question time

1. Are you doing anything for Halloween?
2. What is a better candy bar than the ones I offered? They're crap, aren't they?
3. What prep are you doing for NaNo this year if you are partaking?
4. How many pumpkin spice lattes have you had so far this season?
October 1st, 2014 at 05:02am