Dear Quizilla...

It's not even the end of the first day and I already miss you, which is weird considering I never even used you as much as I once did.

You were my first writing site - ever. I started posting my creations on you back in 2006, but I was using you since 2005.

I remember how accomplished I felt when I had first published my poorly written Harry Potter story to you. It was seriously called "A Hogwarts Love Story" and that was it. Not very imaginative, I have to admit. Not only that, but it was written in second person and I was constantly making grammatical mistakes. I even made the horrible mistake of using "they're" instead of "their" in a chapter. Oh, the shame!

Of course, back then, I had thought what I had posted was pure gold.

I read a lot of good stories on you. Some of them were weird (like that one story by that one SesameStreet person) and some of them were amazing (like that Harry Potter series by Hopewashere04 - I think that was her name?).

I made some great friends, too, like Stevie and Darcy. I've known Darcy for a few good years now, have fangirled with her over The Vampire Diaries and Panic!, even seen her have a new child. I've known Stevie for at least six years now, and we're still peas in a pod.

Throughout my time using you, you've helped me grow - a ton. Not just as a writer, but as a person. By reading so many fictions, I was able to see more styles of writing and appreciate them. By meeting so many people, I was able to come out of my shell a bit and expand my horizons.

I remember how devastated everyone was when you started to change. I was one of those who were trying to get you to "change back." I even started an online petition to do so called, Quizilla Is the Oppressor. I thought the chain mail of signatures was stupid since it was being sent everywhere and I thought it would be better. Honestly, it didn't even get that many signatures, but it was a lot more efficient than the messages.

After that, I started to try and move to other sites. I tried FanLib, which worked till they shut down a month or two later, then fanfiction.net, though I honestly don't use it as much, and then I figured that I just wasn't meant to leave so I stayed.

Then I stumbled across Mibba when an author I was reading shared that she had a few fics on there. What the hell? I thought, and I made one with the username MyStarryEyedSurprise. I posted a Jacob Black fic, but then stopped. I wasn't motivated and the site freaked me out - I didn't get how to operate it at all.

So I stopped and left Mibba - forgot about it for Months.

I was fine with staying on Quizilla.

Soon though, I returned to find my story had comments, making me feel like Mibba wasn't such a bad place after all. After that, I slowly began to transition myself from a Quizillian to a Mibbian.

Getting straight to the point, I want to thank you, Quizilla. You helped me so much throughout my teenage years and now that you're gone, I honestly wish I had used you a bit more than I had. Even though you were, at times, a pain in the ass, you were my pain in the ass. You were the site that gave me freedom and a home. You were my beginning as a writer.

I wouldn't be where I am today without you. I wouldn't want to be an English teacher without you.

You've helped me more than I could ever imagine.

THANK YOU, QUIZILLA. I will never forget you or the memories.

Sincerely,

MRS.HARRYPOTTER12, xAnimexStarryxNitex, BlackBirdsBloodTears, and a ton of other usernames.

P.S. I still have a window of you open with my BlackBirdsBloodTears profile and I don't know if I will be able to bring myself to close it anytime soon. I don't want to feel like you're actually gone.
October 2nd, 2014 at 02:41am